Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leaving university or not? confused!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi all. I have posted this on the MH section I think but I don't think it has been submitted so I am writing on here.

Right, I am having a real hard time at the moment. I am expecting a baby and due in September. I am still continuing with university and working. My grades have been ranging between B and C which I am fine with. However, today I just found out I have received a D grade! I do not think my work was worthy of a D grade. I worked hard on it and it took me months to complete, alongside depression and anxiety that I have been suffering for the past couple of months too! This is my final lowest point.

Prior to this, I was not feeling happy about my course, to be honest. I stuck it out because I wanted to finish off what I started but my heart is not in it any more and have finally had enough. I am interested in becoming an HSC NVQ Assessor in the workplace as I have always been interested in HSC and have been a care worker previously which I enjoyed doing. I am now exploring my options after consistent Googling and e-mailing back and forth NVQ assessor companies. I have three options and just need some more input on what you think I should do? I've wasted tuition fees and maintenance loan which is an absolute pain!

Option 1:
    Stick with university, despite receiving low grades and potentially waste another 9k on tuition fees on a 2:2 / 3rd class honours degree

Option 2:
    Apply for Interruption of Studies, and enrol onto a HSC Level 3 course and resit Maths and English Functional Skills Level 2 throughout the whole year (partner said he will help with the baby, as we live together)

Option 3:
    Leave university and concentrate on following Option 1

I am lost on all of them. I am disappointed in myself, but I do want to gain an education and not just leave and that's that. I have booked an appointment with National Careers Service to explore my options and get help on what specific course(s) do I need to enrol on.

Thanks and sorry for the long and boring post, I am just feeling really low about everything that's happening.

Have you talked your options through with your tutor?

There's no point, imo, doing a course when you're clearly not happy.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.