The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LALAGURL
guys i did really bad on physics and I'm sl. i really need a 5 :frown:

The curve should be way lower this year due to the tragic sight in TSR and Reddit, so keep your spirit up and study for P3. Remember to check out some data analysis question and know your option well. A good P3 should pull you up by 1 grade. GL.
Original post by Mr.Troll
The curve should be way lower this year due to the tragic sight in TSR and Reddit, so keep your spirit up and study for P3. Remember to check out some data analysis question and know your option well. A good P3 should pull you up by 1 grade. GL.

thank you
I heard that the physics paper was impossible.... Someone even made up their own question and equation because they couldn't even answer it..?
Original post by IBonfire
I heard that the physics paper was impossible.... Someone even made up their own question and equation because they couldn't even answer it..?

They were just really bad. And i didn't even sleep the night before. So you can imagine how bad it was for a person who didn't sleep and had an impossible paper.
That Physics paper was AWFUL. Both of them. P1 would've been somewhat manageable if we had more than an hour - there were barely any questions where I was confident to put a circle on an answer within a minute. As for paper 2, there was no way you could've possibly prepared for that disastrous paper.
Original post by FecktheIB
Yeah I had 10 minutes left when I got to question 4 so the answer wasn't great hahha

haha me too dw! my structure was awful too
Anyone doing topics 3 and/or 5 for paper 2 history on monday? (single party states and cold war)

any predictions??
Original post by sophieec
Anyone doing topics 3 and/or 5 for paper 2 history on monday? (single party states and cold war)

any predictions??

Rise is always popular with topic 3, I'm thinking Stalin because it always comes up, but also maybe something more Hitler focused, since they have seemed to focus on Mao and Stalin quite a lot
haha me too dw! my structure was awful too

We just have to make up for it on paper 2 and 3 now I guess!
Original post by FecktheIB
Rise is always popular with topic 3, I'm thinking Stalin because it always comes up, but also maybe something more Hitler focused, since they have seemed to focus on Mao and Stalin quite a lot

i've studied mao and hitler, but not stalin
i've studied mao and hitler, but not stalin

I'm doing Mao and Hitler too, and for Cold War I'm revising the start in depth up to Korean War and I'll look at the end of it too, because the start and end of the Cold War always always come up as questions!
Original post by GeekForLife
I'm doing Mao and Hitler too, and for Cold War I'm revising the start in depth up to Korean War and I'll look at the end of it too, because the start and end of the Cold War always always come up as questions!

yeah i've heard that origins and end of cold war are two common topics !! :smile: narrows down the revision load significantly!
For physics HL: I mean I get that paper 1 was more difficult than usual but I don't think paper 2 had anything unusual if you knew the syllabus. I made a lot of mistakes too but they were mostly due to me not having had time to review a chapter or the exam being too long. It seems that the problem was many schools still placed emphasis on the old syllabus than the new one in which case people should blame their schools first and foremost. It was not an easy exam and I am not expecting anything greater than a 6 but there wasn't anything on there out of syllabus.
Does anyone have any resources for physics data questions for paper 3 on monday? that would be a huge help! :smile:
Original post by pixiedustfairy
Does anyone have any resources for physics data questions for paper 3 on monday? that would be a huge help! :smile:

I am not going to post the links in case of any trouble...

I have heard that FCIS physics past papers is an interesting google search result. I have also heard that there is a section about data/measurement.
Reply 216
Hi History HLs
Do you guys have any prediction for paper 2 topic 1 and topic 5?
Thankss
Does anyone have any advice for History HL (i have papers 2 and 3 left to do!) I need to get a 6 in history so any general advice would be hugely appreciated! Thank you :smile:
Does anyone have any advice for History HL (i have papers 2 and 3 left to do!) I need to get a 6 in history so any general advice would be hugely appreciated! Thank you :smile:

one thing people make huge mistakes on is historiography, don't ever use it as your point but only to back up and help further a point you have already made, thats how you reach the top bands
Reply 219
I am an HL Physics student. I need a 6 for my university offer, which I am definitely not going to make, despite having studied very hard. I covered the material in the recommended course companion thoroughly, did the available past papers and yet I was grossly underprepared. This exam is not reflective of my physics knowledge, and may potentially ruin the future of many dedicated students. This needs to go further, it has to get into the news, people need to be made aware, so that the IBO doesn't just get away with it. This is intellectual crime and injustice. I hope some of you agree with me and are willing to commit to stand up for themselves and their fellow students, and get the IB to respond in favour of those who are suffering as a consequence of an unfair system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending