The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mirrk97
Yes! Multiple Choice really stresses me out :frown: Have you got your textbook? the practice exam questions at the end of every unit are actually my life-saver right now!

ahh for me it's the other way round! I can do multiple choice but those data analysis questions are evil 👿 and yeah! done most of those questions but doing past papers now :smile: how are you revising for it?
Reply 21
Original post by tavia12345
First exam in 5 days and haven't started revising yet HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what subjects do you do?
Reply 22
First exam in 5 days and haven't started revising yet HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL we are on the SAME boat. I haven't touched a past exam paper, its not that I'm proud I've just given up at this point.....
Original post by medleg
what subjects do you do?

hl english french (and art but that's done) and sl biology, philosophy and maths studies !!!!!

biology is my main concern, i just can't do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by u97
LOL we are on the SAME boat. I haven't touched a past exam paper, its not that I'm proud I've just given up at this point.....

yES exactly it just feels like it is too late...like obviously it's never too late to start revising but it really just feels like it is!!! what are we like
Reply 25
Original post by medleg
ahh for me it's the other way round! I can do multiple choice but those data analysis questions are evil 👿 and yeah! done most of those questions but doing past papers now :smile: how are you revising for it?

I hated Data Analysis but honestly its just technique at the end of the day I do at least 3 a week ahha! Ehm well i started by going through the textbook just taking notes again (and Alex Lee Videos are life for those difficult units!!), then I did textbook questions and Now i'm attempting past papers but its not going well i don't think :/ how about you?
Hey guys, I'm also nervous for the exam...
I'm glad that the schedule works well for me !
HL subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Psychology
SL subjects: Mathematics, English Language and Literature, Bahasa Indonesia Literature

Gotta fulfill my medschool offer :biggrin: <- Motivation to do well in the exams !!
Hey guys- im doing HL Bio, Chem and Psychology and SL English lit, french and maths studies :smile:
I am hoping to do Biomedical science at Cardiff- i need 34 points (and 6 6 in chem and bio) and im so so so worried i wont get that (even though im predicted 38 but a 5 in chem). What are you guys doing about the lack of exam papers for group 4? Im really hoping the boundaries will be nicer as its a new syllabus for chem and bio :smile:
Reply 28
Theres a new syllabus for physics too :angry: I think the only paper for the new syllabus is the specimen papers but you can alway do the old papers and skip the sections with questions no long in the syllabus (its something)

May the boundaries be will us
Glad to know I am not the only one COMPLETELY freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so stressed about biology :s-smilie: I am revising the content for the second time and i feel that i learn some things for the first time!
Reply 31
hl english french (and art but that's done) and sl biology, philosophy and maths studies !!!!!

biology is my main concern, i just can't do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your subjects sound really interesting! have you started revising now?
Reply 32
Original post by Procaffinator
I am so stressed about biology :s-smilie: I am revising the content for the second time and i feel that i learn some things for the first time!

do you do HL?
Reply 33
yES exactly it just feels like it is too late...like obviously it's never too late to start revising but it really just feels like it is!!! what are we like

I'm cramming everything in the last minute now and I feel disgusted with myself - like we actually had a bit of time. if only we were smart enough to utilize well enough 😪
Reply 34
Original post by Phoebe5800
Hey guys- im doing HL Bio, Chem and Psychology and SL English lit, french and maths studies :smile:
I am hoping to do Biomedical science at Cardiff- i need 34 points (and 6 6 in chem and bio) and im so so so worried i wont get that (even though im predicted 38 but a 5 in chem). What are you guys doing about the lack of exam papers for group 4? Im really hoping the boundaries will be nicer as its a new syllabus for chem and bio :smile:

Quick question : Do you think its ok if we drop by like maybe 3 points? As in if I miss my offer by 3 whole points have I lost all my chances of getting accepted :frown: (cause i feel like i will lose my offer by more than just 2 points)
Reply 35
On a different note I AM SO GLAD our results come out a month before A Levels. It means our unis may prioritise us.. right? Isn't that like an advantage? Or does it really not make a difference ?
Original post by medleg
do you do HL?

No, SL but i can't even imagine how hard HL would be
Reply 37
My HL Psychology buddies, wondering what 2 options you picked to study and how you feel about them? Hows everyone doing with memorizing studies?
Original post by Fi101
My HL Psychology buddies, wondering what 2 options you picked to study and how you feel about them? Hows everyone doing with memorizing studies?

Hey there!
Abnormal and Health for me. I am pretty confident with Abnormal but still struggling with health even though it is considered easier. As for studies, i have picked the ones that i can use for different essays in order to minimize the number of studies that i have to remember :u:
Reply 39
Original post by Procaffinator
Hey there!
Abnormal and Health for me. I am pretty confident with Abnormal but still struggling with health even though it is considered easier. As for studies, i have picked the ones that i can use for different essays in order to minimize the number of studies that i have to remember :u:

Oh Abnormal as well over here, but we did Human Relationships instead! Our teacher told us about the studies we can use for a couple LO's as well. Personally I hope there's a schema, or conformity question for the Paper 1. And ab/normal concepts for Paper 2. But now I've said that it there won't be any :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending