The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medleg
HL or SL? (bear in mind we can't talk about the actual exam content at all for 24 hours!)

HL and I know :tongue:

Original post by sophieec
i did the prose :smile: so glad paper 1 is over!!

Nah, paper two is the real killer :hide:
Original post by GeekForLife
I did the poem! I started off really well but my timekeeping skills were awful and so I didn't talk about the end of the poem in as much depth unfortunately :-(
But I still think I may have just scraped a 7 if I'm lucky! Paper 2 tomorrow, does anyone have any tips??

ahh well done that is awesome! :smile: my teacher says to remember to keep making links back to the question and constantly try and think of the impact/effect of everything:smile:
Does anyone do HL history and is currently dying lol
Does anyone do HL history and is currently dying lol

Hey, which units are you doing? I can forward you my notes from last year if you'd like :smile:
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Hey, which units are you doing? I can forward you my notes from last year if you'd like :smile:

Communism in Europe-

paper 1 is pretty straightforward
paper 2 - Cold War and single party states (mao and hitler)
paper 3 - French revolution/Napoleon and Russia 1856-1924

ah thank you, that is really kind of u!!! have u done IB already then? do u have any advice for HL history?:smile:) by far the hardest and most time consuming subject i take!!
Communism in Europe-

paper 1 is pretty straightforward
paper 2 - Cold War and single party states (mao and hitler)
paper 3 - French revolution/Napoleon and Russia 1856-1924

ah thank you, that is really kind of u!!! have u done IB already then? do u have any advice for HL history?:smile:) by far the hardest and most time consuming subject i take!!

I did the Americas, but have vast amounts of notes on the Cold War as that was my SL module.

I did:
Great Depression in the Americas
Cold War in the Americas
Equal Rights Movements in the Americas
Independence Movements in Rhodesia, India and Poland
Cold War 1945-1991
Arab-Israeli Crisis

I actually thought History was pretty straightforward.
Don't learn vast amounts of content - you don't need to include that much in your essays. Spot essay questions and learn the essay plans. What they want to see you doing is analysing different perspecives of events and having a sound judgement. I can forward you a couple of my essays if you'd like. I was ranging between 13/20 and 18/20 over the period of the two years. PM me your email address if you want me to send you anything :smile:
I did the Americas, but have vast amounts of notes on the Cold War as that was my SL module.

I did:
Great Depression in the Americas
Cold War in the Americas
Equal Rights Movements in the Americas
Independence Movements in Rhodesia, India and Poland
Cold War 1945-1991
Arab-Israeli Crisis

I actually thought History was pretty straightforward.
Don't learn vast amounts of content - you don't need to include that much in your essays. Spot essay questions and learn the essay plans. What they want to see you doing is analysing different perspecives of events and having a sound judgement. I can forward you a couple of my essays if you'd like. I was ranging between 13/20 and 18/20 over the period of the two years. PM me your email address if you want me to send you anything :smile:

ah okay thanks :smile:
wow your grades are so high!!! that's like level 7s! I need to get a 6 in history and I;ve been getting like 12/13's in class works and homeworks but im just worried i won't get a good question or i won't be able to answer it well enough to get me a decent grade!!
ah okay thanks :smile:
wow your grades are so high!!! that's like level 7s! I need to get a 6 in history and I;ve been getting like 12/13's in class works and homeworks but im just worried i won't get a good question or i won't be able to answer it well enough to get me a decent grade!!

Haha, yeah I got a 7 in History :woo:
I'm surr you'll be able to - there's absolutely no reason for you to slip here :yep:
Haha, yeah I got a 7 in History :woo:
I'm surr you'll be able to - there's absolutely no reason for you to slip here :yep:

How did u revise historiography? did u name historians or did u just say stuff like 'some historians would argue that...'
AHHH I HATE HISTORY LOL
How did u revise historiography? did u name historians or did u just say stuff like 'some historians would argue that...'
AHHH I HATE HISTORY LOL

I named historians. At HL you have to. E g:

Williams has argued that ... whilst this perspective recognises ..., it fails to fully realise ....

To reach the higher bands you need to evaluate perspective.

Try to use the key word 'perspective' in your paragraphs too

Hey would you mind sending me the ones on cold war? Thank you SO much in advance!
I named historians. At HL you have to. E g:

Williams has argued that ... whilst this perspective recognises ..., it fails to fully realise ....

To reach the higher bands you need to evaluate perspective.

Try to use the key word 'perspective' in your paragraphs too

ahhh i just find it so hard to learn views of historians across a broad range of topics!! my teacher said that for HL u just need to show awareness of historical debate, if u can namedrop historians it's super impressive but u don't have to explicitly name them?:smile:
ok i'll remember that for next week! Thanks!
Original post by martaamendoeira
Hey would you mind sending me the ones on cold war? Thank you SO much in advance!

Of course. Just PM me your email address - I can't attach documents through TSR.

ahhh i just find it so hard to learn views of historians across a broad range of topics!! my teacher said that for HL u just need to show awareness of historical debate, if u can namedrop historians it's super impressive but u don't have to explicitly name them?:smile:
ok i'll remember that for next week! Thanks!

Maybe our teachers just told us differently :tongue:

No problem and good luck!
Reply 74
Definitely makes a difference
Reply 75
hey has anyone sat for economics hl tz2 yet?
English paper 2 done..... :headfire:
Man, it was harder than I expected but the questions were relatively good! SO although I thought I did well, I think I could have done better haha
Original post by IBonfire
English paper 2 done..... :headfire:
Man, it was harder than I expected but the questions were relatively good! SO although I thought I did well, I think I could have done better haha

No more English ever again :woo:.
Reply 78
Original post by u97
hey has anyone sat for economics hl tz2 yet?

I did,

I did questions 1 & 3
Reply 79
Original post by Jakobson
I did,

I did questions 1 & 3

I did 2 and 3.
But I MESSED up my ENTIRE paper 3. BIG TIME. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending