The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Finished p2 economics SL. I did questions 1 and 4 and find it a pretty good paper overall!
Original post by Procaffinator
Finished p2 economics SL. I did questions 1 and 4 and find it a pretty good paper overall!

omg finished the same paper and also did 1 and 4. I loved this paper so much! We're not allowed to discuss what was on it yet but it was way better than p1 for sure.
How did people find their English HL paper 2? Does anyone do dramas? :smile:
Reply 83
[QUOTE=sophieec;64550779]How did people find their English HL paper 2? Does anyone do dramas? :smile:

I did drama and I'm HL too. It was a little harder than I thought it would be but I went with q2 and I'm quite happy with what I wrote etc. Fingers crossed! How did you find it?
Original post by rach6277
I did drama and I'm HL too. It was a little harder than I thought it would be but I went with q2 and I'm quite happy with what I wrote etc. Fingers crossed! How did you find it?

haha i did q3, and yeah pretty much the same! :smile: it's hard to tell with english though so I hope it was ok! what level are you hoping to get for english?
Original post by sophieec
ahh well done that is awesome! :smile: my teacher says to remember to keep making links back to the question and constantly try and think of the impact/effect of everything:smile:

I think I managed to do that! Haha how did you find it?
How did people find their English HL paper 2? Does anyone do dramas? :smile:

I did drama and I did the first question. I always feel like I could have done better but that's just the struggle of being so self-critical haha. Overall I'd rate both english exams a 7/10 based on my happiness with how I've done. No more english now though!
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I did the Americas, but have vast amounts of notes on the Cold War as that was my SL module.

I did:
Great Depression in the Americas
Cold War in the Americas
Equal Rights Movements in the Americas
Independence Movements in Rhodesia, India and Poland
Cold War 1945-1991
Arab-Israeli Crisis

I actually thought History was pretty straightforward.
Don't learn vast amounts of content - you don't need to include that much in your essays. Spot essay questions and learn the essay plans. What they want to see you doing is analysing different perspecives of events and having a sound judgement. I can forward you a couple of my essays if you'd like. I was ranging between 13/20 and 18/20 over the period of the two years. PM me your email address if you want me to send you anything :smile:

Hi! I do History at SL and I was wondering if I send you my email would you be able to send me a few of your past essays that you've done please? It would mean a lot!! :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I did the Americas, but have vast amounts of notes on the Cold War as that was my SL module.

I did:
Great Depression in the Americas
Cold War in the Americas
Equal Rights Movements in the Americas
Independence Movements in Rhodesia, India and Poland
Cold War 1945-1991
Arab-Israeli Crisis

I actually thought History was pretty straightforward.
Don't learn vast amounts of content - you don't need to include that much in your essays. Spot essay questions and learn the essay plans. What they want to see you doing is analysing different perspectives of events and having a sound judgement. I can forward you a couple of my essays if you'd like. I was ranging between 13/20 and 18/20 over the period of the two years. PM me your email address if you want me to send you anything :smile:

Hiya, I'm doing HL History too!

Paper 1: Communism in Crisis
Paper 2: Single party/authoritarian states + causes, practices and effects of war
Paper 3: French Revolution/Napoleon, German/Italian unification and Russia

Would it be possible for you to PM/email me your essays which scored particularly highly? I'm always interested in seeing highly marked essays/essay structures

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Lottie_D
Hiya, I'm doing HL History too!

Paper 1: Communism in Crisis
Paper 2: Single party/authoritarian states + causes, practices and effects of war
Paper 3: French Revolution/Napoleon, German/Italian unification and Russia

Would it be possible for you to PM/email me your essays which scored particularly highly? I'm always interested in seeing highly marked essays/essay structures

Thanks in advance :smile:

Original post by GeekForLife
Hi! I do History at SL and I was wondering if I send you my email would you be able to send me a few of your past essays that you've done please? It would mean a lot!! :smile:

Hey, of course. I'm just going to send @martaamendoeira them this evening; PM me your email addresses.
I did drama and I did the first question. I always feel like I could have done better but that's just the struggle of being so self-critical haha. Overall I'd rate both english exams a 7/10 based on my happiness with how I've done. No more english now though!

feels so good to have 1/6 subjects done!! well done :smile:) what do u have next?
Reply 91
Anyone got Japanese B tomorrow SL? How you feeling for it???
feels so good to have 1/6 subjects done!! well done :smile:) what do u have next?

Biology and Russian tomorrow:frown: Biology HL is such a killer, 12 in depth topics to learn! But perseverance is key! What have you got next??:tongue:
Biology and Russian tomorrow:frown: Biology HL is such a killer, 12 in depth topics to learn! But perseverance is key! What have you got next??:tongue:

I have bio paper 1 and paper 2 tmr, but i'm SL! But biology is my weakest subject so i'm seriously stressing :frown:((
I have bio paper 1 and paper 2 tmr, but i'm SL! But biology is my weakest subject so i'm seriously stressing :frown:((

You can do it! You've got less than half of the content to revise compared to a biology HL student, so that should be motivation to smash it! I have both papers tomorrow too, hopefully luck is in our favour:smile:
You can do it! You've got less than half of the content to revise compared to a biology HL student, so that should be motivation to smash it! I have both papers tomorrow too, hopefully luck is in our favour:smile:

Ah, im sorry u have so much to revise:frown:( i have friends who do bio HL and it seems like so much mroe work, so serious respect to u! yeah hopefully!! which topics do u find easiest/hardest???
Ah, im sorry u have so much to revise:frown:( i have friends who do bio HL and it seems like so much mroe work, so serious respect to u! yeah hopefully!! which topics do u find easiest/hardest???

It's very rigorous, believe me! Cell biology and molecular biology are very easy for me, but majority of the higher level topics are ridiculous! What about you?
It's very rigorous, believe me! Cell biology and molecular biology are very easy for me, but majority of the higher level topics are ridiculous! What about you?

yeah the cell biology bit i don't mind :smile:) i probably struggle most with photosynthesis haha, absolutely hate that topic!
Studying for HL Biology too! It's tomorrow's exam and honestly, I'm freaking the hell out. The fact that it's a new specimen isn't helping asdfghjkl
Original post by silverdolphin
Studying for HL Biology too! It's tomorrow's exam and honestly, I'm freaking the hell out. The fact that it's a new specimen isn't helping asdfghjkl

I KNOW! It's completely useless doing past papers as well because the specimen has changed so much since then, so we've got no past papers to practise with either :frown::frown: BUT, I'm hoping since we are the first year doing the new specimen, MAYBE the exam board will be a little lenient with us?? Oh who am I kidding:afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending