The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Foundation to health (medicine) 2016

Hi!

I have accepted an offer for the medicine foundation year at Carmel college and I am just trying to find other people starting at the same time.

Most of all, I am wondering if people are going to be applying for the halls accommodation or looking for somewhere in St Helens itself?
Hi! I've also accepted the offer! I'm trying to get a house near the uni for easy access since Carmel is only for a year. I plan to drive to Carmel every day. I'm a mature student so I'm not very keen on the halls. What about yourself?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Hi Janet! Congratulations, I'm really looking forward to starting. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, it seems more beneficial living closer to the liverpool campus with facilities like the library etc etc. Undecided about accommodation yet, I read about the vine court halls and it was saying there are lots of post grad students in there, so it seemed more appealing. I'm going to look into it more today. Have you been in touch with many others starting in September?
Yes I've been speaking to one other lady starting with us! Have you? Do you know how many people got through?
The accommodation seems really expensive though. Have you checked yet? I'll only apply if I fail to get the house I like.
I really can't wait to start! 5 months now :smile:
Reply 4
Nah, no idea how many got through, though from the statistics supplied by the uni I think it was relatively competitive. I'll PM you a link to my FB if you want to add me on there.
Reply 5
Hi
Well done on your offers, I'm another who has been lucky enough to get a place.
With regards to accommodation I'm also looking for a house near Liverpool due to having a family. It is however proving more difficult than I thought as houses seem to go so quickly.
Looking forward to meeting you both in September.
Congratulations on your offers. My interview is still 2 weeks away for dentistry foundation but with some luck I'll be meeting you all in September. I have so much to sort out if I get a place so I hope they get back to me soon after interview!
Reply 7
Hello, I did the Carmel year 0 in 2013-2014 and am now just about to finish my 2nd year of Medicine so if you have any questions or want any advice then give me a message :smile:

Congratulations to everyone on getting places/interviews! You will have a great time!
I have an offer for Year 0 medicine. Also looking for a place near Carmel. Interested in grouping up for accommodation with others on the course... I know of one other person with an offer.

Kate
Hi KateMiddle1985, If you live near Carmel you might have to move again after year 0 to another place near uni. Is that what you are planning to do?
Got my offer for year 0 dentistry. I think I'm going to live near Carmel in St Helens for first year and use that time to find somewhere for the rest of the course that's more permanent once I am more familiar with Liverpool. I am looking to just get a cheap room in a house share just from September to start of summer holidays.
I have been accepted onto year 0 veterinary. I am in the process of buying a 2 bedroom house in the Kensington area of Liverpool and driving out to Carmel everyday. I will be looking for someone to rent the 2nd bedroom if anyone is still looking for accommodation.
Congrats on all your offers! I'm another who will be starting in September :-) I'm fairly local so will probably be driving in.*

Amberooney I'm doing the dentistry route also! Have you spoken to anyone else who got through from our interview?*

Look forward to meeting you all soon! *
Original post by kathrynm
Congrats on all your offers! I'm another who will be starting in September :-) I'm fairly local so will probably be driving in.*

Amberooney I'm doing the dentistry route also! Have you spoken to anyone else who got through from our interview?*

Look forward to meeting you all soon! *

No I don't know anyone else. Do you know anyone else who got a place? Were you interviewed 24th may as well?
Reply 14
Hi Guys,

Apologies, I'm a bit late to the conversation, only just found this post. Congrats to you all for your offers. I too have accepted my offer and excited to see everyone in September.

I called up admissions on the course and they informed me term time starts week commencing 19th September (enrolment, registration, ID badges etc will take place during that week). Then actual lectures / classes officially start week commencing 26th September. I'm hoping we'll get our welcome packs & detailed information about classes, book list etc....
Reply 15
Hi Guys,

How's everyone getting prepped for September? And has everyone sorted out their accommodation? The timetable seems interesting. 😊
Original post by Grace11
Hi Guys,

How's everyone getting prepped for September? And has everyone sorted out their accommodation? The timetable seems interesting. 😊

Hi Grace & Everyone
Just wondering if any of you could provide any updates about the course? How is it? How many students in year 0? What's the prospect of continuing to 1st year and is it garanteed?

Thanks!
Hi

We are all now finished year 0 and in first year of our prospective courses. The maximum number of students is 20, which breaks down into 10 medicine, 5 dentists and 5 veterinary, but often they don’t fill all the places. You are guaranteed a place on first year as long as you achieve over 70%, this is a very achievable grade. It’s a good course and definitely gives you a good grounding for 1st year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending