The Student Room Group

University of Sussex PPE

Hello!

It would be greatly appreciated if any of you would be kind enough to tell me what you have heard/what you think of the University of Sussex, its prestige and its PPE course, and perhaps what you think of my experiences there and the league rankings.

---

Offer Holder's event:

I have received an offer from the University of Sussex for PPE a while ago. I have attended the PPE offer holder's event, and I was very much put off by the apparent annoyance of the professors if I tried to engage them on a certain event related to the course, or the university's prestige and league rankings.

They really did not seem appreciative of passionate prospective students, and they seemed very 'average'. I don't know if I had too high expectations from professors, but in the end they are people who have dedicated on average at least a decade of their lives to the subjects they teach. And yet they don't seem interested in engaging a very interested prospective student?

Should I ignore that or is it an important telltale sign that the professors are a bit uninterested in the students or even their subjects?

---

League table rankings:

CUG:

Economics: 39
Politics: 36
Philosophy: 23

Times Higher Education:

Social Sciences: top 65 in the world

QS World Ranking:

Economics: 151-200 in the world
Politics: 51-100 in the world
Philosophy: not in top 200 in the world

It's the only PPE offer I managed to get a hold of, but it doesn't look as though they're great at it at all. Usual offers are AAA/AAB for the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending