The Student Room Group

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by champ_mc99
It's pretty unnecessary for any ostracism in this thread. An innocent man died at the end of the day, doesn't make it any better by outlining what he believed in.

But it's doing nothing to challenge the bigotry Ahmadis face within Muslim communities (I don't think you can deny that) if you just keep saying Ahmadis aren't Muslims...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by orangejuices
And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.

I'll disrespect anyone I deem worthy of it to my heart's content, thanks. You've no authority to dictate to me or to anyone else whom I can 'disrespect' (inverted commas necessary because people like you frequently imagine disrespect where it doesn't exist in order to do what you do best: choose to be offended).
Original post by Hydeman
I'll disrespect anyone I deem worthy of it to my heart's content, thanks. You've no authority to dictate to me or to anyone else whom I can 'disrespect' (inverted commas necessary because people like you frequently imagine disrespect where it doesn't exist in order to do what you do best: choose to be offended).

But will you disrespect prophet Hydeman (pbuh)? Indeed he is only true prophet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.

Is that a threat? Or a challenge :biggrin:

Because I am happy taking on both
Original post by chemting
But will you disrespect prophet Hydeman (pbuh)? Indeed he is only true prophet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I'll make a hypocritical exception for that great man, and then call anybody who calls me out on this a Hydophobe, which shall from here on now be synonymous with racism, xenophobia, and prejudice against the elderly because... I said so. :u:
Original post by Hydeman
No, I'll make a hypocritical exception for that great man, and then call anybody who calls me out on this a Hydophobe, which shall from here on now be synonymous with racism, xenophobia, and prejudice against the elderly because... I said so. :u:

Yes we must follow Hydism, we have the Hyde Book with complementary Hyde tafsirs with the opinions of great Hyde scholars.

Here are the sahih hadiths (or Hydiths) full of authentic quotes and sayings by prophet Hydeman (pbuh):

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=finduser&u=875114

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by Hydeman

You should start a religion. :biggrin:

First question: what is banned in your religion? (apart from sex outside marriage - obviously)
Wow, what a surprise.
Original post by champ_mc99
It's pretty unnecessary for any ostracism in this thread. An innocent man died at the end of the day, doesn't make it any better by outlining what he believed in.

He died BECAUSE of what he believed in.

That is what is outrageous (in the true sense of the word) about this.

In twenty first century Britain a Muslim man knifed another man to death and stamped on his head (to signify his contempt?) because he was the wrong sort of Muslim. (Or in the murderer's belief system NOT a true Muslim).

And he doesn't deny it, he glories in it. He thinks he is doing the right thing according to a God revealed to mankind and will go to heaven because for it.

And it is not as though this is an isolated example is it?

All over the world self identifying Muslims are killing other human beings in the hope that it will send them to heaven according to a version of the Islamic belief system handed down over the last 1400 years.

I have no doubt it is happening somewhere as I write this.

Why are you in denial? Why can't you face up to this awful reality?
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
[video="youtube;7pMxIzGaC_8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pMxIzGaC_8[/video]
I think this sums up how Muslims feel about each other quite well

I love Bassem Youssef! We need more rational voices in our Arab world against all the efforts to suppress them.
Original post by Agrippatropes
I love Bassem Youssef! We need more rational voices in our Arab world against all the efforts to suppress them.

I tried learning arabic to watch his show, it didn't work :biggrin:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I saw a few of them in the last thread saying that the victim wasn't a true Muslim. I suspect that they'll make a statement saying how it's nothing to do with Islam and whenever someone questions them, they'll slither back to the isoc.

Ah, the Isoc, Britain First's best propaganda source. The way some of them carried on in that thread about the Swiss school handshake thread was nothing short of hideous.

Original post by Hydeman
We must unite against Ahmadiphobia!

Any takers? :K:

And risk the Sunni Mandem coming after you?

Yeah they do. I have a friend whose an Ahmadi Muslim (and her family are so chilled- they encourage dating before marriage and two of their kids have married a Hindu and an Orthodox Christian and they've been fine). She was telling me how when her parents were in Pakistan, they had to move around a few times because of how much hate they got. They were called devil worshippers and stuff then they finally moved to London.

It's sad really. All that ignorance.

And some of those who fled abuse continue to get it here from other Muslims.. Revolting

Original post by Hydeman
Not at all. Since most of world's religious follow the religion that they follow owing to an accident of birth, there's no reason to presume that being a Muslim gives you any automatic credibility over a non-Muslim opponent when talking about Islam.

Oh, didn't you get the memo? The only people who have a right to an opinion about a dogma are those who agree with said dogma

Original post by Good bloke
A lot of Moslems think that they know more about Islam than atheists. There was one yesterday who hadn't realised Islam's stance on slavery, for instance. Being one certainly doesn't mean you know more.

It has always been pretty blatant that loads of Muslims get their knowledge from what people like their family, their imams and random Youtube preachers like Zakir Naik tell them. Who was that TSR poster, for instance, who insisted that only scholars and people like Hunwar could shed light on Qur'anic scripture, yet it didn't stop her from shouting "context!" when trying to justify horrific verses (which of course could be justified in any context)?

The amount of Muslims who give that "to kill an innocent person is to have killed the entire world" BS, completely ignoring all the context. Dat irony. Funny, this is in vogue for Muslims to quote that bit..........and has been ever since scumbag Zakir Naik brought it up in one of his seminars. Makes you realise how popular he is among "moderates", which is alarming giving how he's an extremist terrorist apologist. But I digress. The point is that being Muslim doesn't automatically mean you're not talking out your arse when it comes to Islam.

For example:

You're all ignorant, once again blaming Islam for a psychopath.

Does every Muslim go around doing this? No.
Just like every other religion, there are a minority who are mad and justify acts. Islam says it's haram to kill. But you're all going to assume this Tanveer Ahmed is a devout Muslim who represents the entirety of the religion. Shame on you all.

Also, if you're going to quote the Quran, use context. To what situation? To whom? Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form. And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.

Original post by Hydeman
With reading comprehension like that, I recommend that you apply for a Support Team role, TaintedLight (formerly known as DiceTheSlice).

Ah nah he didn't! Nice knowing you Hydeman :biggrin:

Original post by missfats
They are not Muslims.

They deny the fact that Muhammed was the seal of the prophets and the idea that he is the final messenger bestowed upon humanity.

Nevertheless, no one has the right to take this persons life based on that. He may have been wrong in his belief but he was doing a good gesture and the person who killed him should receive a due punishment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh do one, will you. And given your history of coming out with crap like how the Paris attack was a false flag operation (which was utterly disgusting and completely disrespectful to the victims by the way), you've got no right to say stuff like that about people, given how utterly insane your ramblings are sometimes.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Islam's intolerance strikes again. It's time many of these kind of Muslims grew up and learnt to deal with criticism in a mature way, without frothing at the mouth and resorting to mindless violence.

And the biggest sect will be truthful one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You certainly ask too much questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, how dare he not be a lemming and just accept the greatness if Islam without question :rolleyes: it's like some of you lot are in a cult. Oh wait.....:wink:

Original post by Hydeman

Hydeman you're having a mare today with missing all the PSAs and memos. Disagreeing with the dogma that somebody believes in is tantamount to calling their mother a whore. You must keep doctrines free from criticism or else face the consequences. This is how enlightened societies work, ya know.:smile:
Truely disgusted. As someone who had spoken to him a couple of times, i swear he was the best man ive met. He loved islam, he loved his religion, but he also loved people, he would treat everyone equal and love everyone regardless of there belief, and if that human love made someone want to kill him? There is no hope for this earth. In my opinion, loving every human was the most muslim thing he could do. He was a great man.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Ah, the Isoc, Britain First's best propaganda source. The way some of them carried on in that thread about the Swiss school handshake thread was nothing short of hideous.

And some of those who fled abuse continue to get it here from other Muslims.. Revolting

The ones who thought a simple sign of respect is sexual are mentally disturbed. I love how some Muslims say Ahmadis aren't real Muslims but they don't condone the killing of them. It's their ignorant view in the first place that gradually leads to their murder.
Original post by Demonproblems
Truely disgusted. As someone who had spoken to him a couple of times, i swear he was the best man ive met. He loved islam, he loved his religion, but he also loved people, he would treat everyone equal and love everyone regardless of there belief, and if that human love made someone want to kill him? There is no hope for this earth. In my opinion, loving every human was the most muslim thing he could do. He was a great man.

If only the majority of other Muslims who seem to have a bitter taste in their mouths about Ahmadis even when one has clearly been murdered in cold blood agreed with you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
The member that I was replying to strongly implied it:

Not biologically, but similar.
Original post by student.feed
Not biologically, but similar.

So not the same, but exactly the same, really? Makes sense. :erm:
. And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.

1) Who are you to tell people to say and what not to say? Muslims on here have openly insulted the West and yet when we question the grisly bits of your religion you go nuts.

2) Muhammed was a paedophile and an insecure man.

3) You blindly follow everything don't you?

You're welcome.
The ones who thought a simple sign of respect is sexual are mentally disturbed. I love how some Muslims say Ahmadis aren't real Muslims but they don't condone the killing of them. It's their ignorant view in the first place that gradually leads to their murder.

Indeed. They don't seem to get that the normalisation of ostracising Ahmadis created the backdrop for this.

This reminds me, the Ahmadi mosque that burned down in Morden. An Ahmadi guy on Digital Spy pointed out that the Muslim Council Of Britain completely opposed the building of it. Here is from their website at the time stating that Ahmadis are not Muslims:

The head of the MCB - Sir Iqbal Sacrainie - repeatedly stated that they're not Muslims and do not represent Muslims in Britain. Given that the Ahmadis in South London are known for their slogan "love for all, hatred for none" as well as for doing things like poppy collections, other community work and generally being good neighbours, he's probably right.

When the fire happened, the Muslim Council of Britain's website refused to even call it a mosque. This from the same group which claims it is a “non-sectarian body working for the common good without interfering in, displacing or isolating any existing Muslim work in the UK”.

The mosque, by the way, had an airport-style detector at the entrance due to the threats they'd received from other Muslims. An Imam at a mosque in nearby Tooting for example regularly issued fatwas against the Ahmadiyyan community. That mosque in Tooting by the way got loads of funding from the Labour government at the time. The Ahamadiyyans got a lot of crap from extremist Sunnis. Ironically it's often these same extremist Sunnis - like who we see on this forum for example - who cry the most about "Islamiphobia" while showing bigotry themselves.
Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form. And don't you dare disrespect anyone - whether it be Jesus or Muhammed or anyone other figure.

On your first point, you claim the Koran is the literal word of God. Quite a big deal IF true, and it means you have to explain why a God you believe in says such dreadful, indefensible things.

Our position is that it was all dreamt up by a seventh century warlord. Which explains why it is so bloodthirsty and primitive in parts. (Admittedly well ahead of its time in others).

On the second, we have a fundamental difference of principle. You claim an exception for religious leaders, and say followers of those religions mustn't be disrespected. We say that religious observance is just another belief system. And we can robustly criticise these beliefs and the actions of the founders, for as long as the UK remains a free society. (Although how long this post stays up on TSR will be interesting to observe. The Mods here are keen to shut down the sort of free debate that used to be what made this country great, I have noticed).

And indeed your attempt to shout down these criticisms endangers that free society. And threatens to turn a tolerant liberal society into the very backward, theocratic countries that the parents of UK Muslims escaped from.

And millions more are trying to escape from in ramshackle boats today and every day. It is your kind of intolerance of dissent which makes the Muslim world what it is. A cluster****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending