The Student Room Group

My boyfriend rarely talks to me in school?

I feel a bit selfish for wanting more time with him. And I feel bad for asking people on the internet about this, but during an attempted discussion of this issue with him he ignored trying to find a solution,making me think he seems happy with how things are...and that maybe I should be too, so I want to know what you guys think :-)

The issue is that he is popular with many friends. Which is nice, I'm happy he has friends. But I haven't got any friends (I've tried making friends but I don't 'click' with anyone, and my class is ridiculously small making it harder to find people who match my personality ect ect) so I'm always rather lonely and sit alone by myself - which is fine, that's the situation that lifes thrown at me, I'll deal with it. But the thing is my boyfriend sits in the same study hall as me, and he see's me studying alone and miserable for hours in the same spot, and working away through lunch and break as I haven't got friends to hangout with.

And he just sits with his mates, indifferent to my sadness, he does come and talk to me every now and then but not for long, 15 minutes maximum, sometimes not at all but spends hours with them in the study hall. I want him to have lot's of good qaulity time with his friends, although I don't know his friends well most of them seem very nice (Except one picks on me, gossips about me and sniggers)

So I like seeing him have fun with them, I love him being happy. But I wish he could keep me company a bit more as I'm feeling upset for being such a loser and for obvious reasons feel lonely. I just feel he's balancing me and his friendships a bit unevenly. His friends brought his attention to me sitting lonely (he was 6 chairs away only) and he just boasted about how good it was to have a girlfriend but didn't approach me. :frown:

What do you think?

(Please don't be mean)
are you 13?
Why is he your boyfriend?
Original post by AlmightyJesus
are you 13?

No I'm actually at college, still in the habit of saying "school" though haha, sorry about that. But why is it that you ask? Do I really come across as that immature? Eesh that's not a good sign :P
Original post by AspireAndExceed
No I'm actually at college, still in the habit of saying "school" though haha, sorry about that. But why is it that you ask? Do I really come across as that immature? Eesh that's not a good sign :P

I used to have that experience where if I "went out" with a girl, consistently (these were my friends' experiences as well) they'd still only basically talk to me outside of school at that age. but as you get older, that stops happening, right? maybe you'd know, I don't know
Original post by Novascope
Why is he your boyfriend?

He is my boyfriend because during holidays we meet up and go on lot's of fun dates. He is nice, sweet and respectful and he makes me laugh so much, I really enjoy the time I spend with him.

But when we're at school he blanks me for half the time, speaking to me 15 minutes before the end of the day (If I'm lucky) but I understand that boys need time with their friends, and time alone with themselves too, and so I wonder if I'm being a bit selfish. I wouldn't be as sad, but its just the fact he knows I'm very upset about sitting alone in the same spot for hours in the revision hall...just wish he'd come over and show me that he likes me equally to his friends...as at the moment it seems a tad bit unfair on me, or at least that's the way Im feeling.

P.S. I have made him aware of how lonely and miserable I am. Still not much attention is spared on me though. :/
How old are you two?
Reply 7
Seems like everything is on his terms.

He takes you for granted, lets his friends get away with gossiping about you and isn't the slightest bit sympathetic.

Doesn't reflect well on him. :redface:
Reply 8
Did you tell him this? If you did and he ignored you why is he still your boyfriend?

Dump him infront of his friends and shag his nemesis.
it's like he's embarrassed to be seen with you when he's with his mates, dump his ass girl
Original post by AspireAndExceed
I feel a bit selfish for wanting more time with him. And I feel bad for asking people on the internet about this, but during an attempted discussion of this issue with him he ignored trying to find a solution,making me think he seems happy with how things are...and that maybe I should be too, so I want to know what you guys think :-)

The issue is that he is popular with many friends. Which is nice, I'm happy he has friends. But I haven't got any friends (I've tried making friends but I don't 'click' with anyone, and my class is ridiculously small making it harder to find people who match my personality ect ect) so I'm always rather lonely and sit alone by myself - which is fine, that's the situation that lifes thrown at me, I'll deal with it. But the thing is my boyfriend sits in the same study hall as me, and he see's me studying alone and miserable for hours in the same spot, and working away through lunch and break as I haven't got friends to hangout with.

And he just sits with his mates, indifferent to my sadness, he does come and talk to me every now and then but not for long, 15 minutes maximum, sometimes not at all but spends hours with them in the study hall. I want him to have lot's of good qaulity time with his friends, although I don't know his friends well most of them seem very nice (Except one picks on me, gossips about me and sniggers)

So I like seeing him have fun with them, I love him being happy. But I wish he could keep me company a bit more as I'm feeling upset for being such a loser and for obvious reasons feel lonely. I just feel he's balancing me and his friendships a bit unevenly. His friends brought his attention to me sitting lonely (he was 6 chairs away only) and he just boasted about how good it was to have a girlfriend but didn't approach me. :frown:

What do you think?

(Please don't be mean)

Christ, are you two like 12?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending