The Student Room Group

Yo Bossman, can I have

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackdiamond97
Some people are trying way too hard in this thread :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh bossman, shut ya gob or I'll spark ya grill.
Reply 42
Wagwarn bossman hows tings, set me some 6 wings and chips.
Safe bro
Original post by dna123
:hello:

Hi :smile: -- just a quick one from me to let you know I've moved this over to Food & Drink.

------

For me, it has to be a chicken burger with salad and diet coke :yum:
Reply 44
Original post by dna123
what kind of poverty derived area do you live in when 4 wings and chips are one pound looooooooool

looooooooooool nah. How can you say that :lol:
Reply 45
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Not even that :lol:

Spoiler

on 'TheOtherSide' of that road (see what I did there :colone:) We see the minority that turned into a majority, the roadmen, they are adapative to any climate as long as they have their expensive clothes and their mandem...

Come back tomorrow for part two....
Original post by Guls
on 'TheOtherSide' of that road (see what I did there :colone:) We see the minority that turned into a majority, the roadmen, they are adapative to any climate as long as they have their expensive clothes and their mandem...

Come back tomorrow for part two....

I still don't get it.
Original post by Inexorably
what language is this

Ayy rudeboi, do you not know we man are roadmans innit. We speak like dis in the Croydon ends. Don't come here fam, unless you rep DSN, no 67 paigons allowed mate.

By the way, man usually goes "yo boss man, give me two piece and chips " then man pull out a shank from my back pocket and be like "make that one free".
Original post by Trapz99
Ayy rudeboi, do you not know we man are roadmans innit. We speak like dis in the Croydon ends. Don't come here fam, unless you rep DSN, no 67 paigons allowed mate.

By the way, man usually goes "yo boss man, give me two piece and chips " then man pull out a shank from my back pocket and be like "make that one free".

Huh.
Original post by Inexorably
what language is this

It is from da hood
Huh.

Fam how do you not understand? Mans gonna translate it to your wasteman language then:

"Hello, good sir, I would like to purchase two pieces of southern fried chicken with a side order of fries. Also (*pulls out knife*) let me inform you in advance that I will not be paying for the aforementioned items. As always, I warn you against attempting to call the police."

Also, DSN are a gang who hold the West Croydon area of south London as their "territory" and sell drugs there. They are ridiculed by most Croydon residents for being soft and unthreatening while thinking that they are some sort of hardened criminals. I often walk past them when I go to an Asian grocery store in the area (they are predominantly black and sit around on top of a fence on a council estate). 67, on the other hand, is a gang from south and they are more feared.

I'm not affiliated with any gangs btw lol (far from it), but I can inform you that a large proportion of the young people in the less desirable parts of London speak in this weird urban dialect. Most middle class Londoners live in better areas and use standard English.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
Fam how do you not understand? Mans gonna translate it to your wasteman language then:

"Hello, good sir, I would like to purchase two pieces of southern fried chicken with a side order of fries. Also (*pulls out knife*) let me inform you in advance that I will not be paying for the aforementioned items. As always, I warn you against attempting to call the police."

Also, DSN are a gang who hold the West Croydon area of south London as their territory and sell drugs there.

Why does everyone start with 'hello, good sir' when translating stuff like this? :rofl:

And thanks for clearing things up!
Why does everyone start with 'hello, good sir' when translating stuff like this? :rofl:

And thanks for clearing things up!

I added some more now, and it's because that's the stereotypical posh way of saying "yo fam, wagwaan".

Some more translations:
Roadman- a person who hangs out a lot on the road, often someone who commits crime or is affiliated with criminals
Boss man- a term used for chicken shop workers (an endearing term)
Man- it means I or Me
Paigon- someone's haters/enemies
Wasteman- similar to paigon
(edited 8 years ago)
Bare wannabe roadmen hear. This isn't their natural habitat.
Original post by Trapz99
I added some more now, and it's because that's the stereotypical posh way of saying "yo fam, wagwaan".

Some more translations:
Roadman- a person who hangs out a lot on the road, often someone who commits crime or is affiliated with criminals
Boss man- a term used for chicken shop workers (an endearing term)
Man- it means I or Me
Paigon- someone's haters/enemies
Wasteman- similar to paigon

So there's basically a whole new language that's been made up :lol:
So there's basically a whole new language that's been made up :lol:

It's not really made up- a lot of it comes from Jamaican English and other languages' slang being mixed together to form a dialect called 'mulitcultural London english' (look it up). Of course, the majority of normal, non-road, Londoners think this is stupid and prefer to think of it as a butchering of the English language. But if you go to somewhere like West Croydon or most council estates (known as 'the ends':wink: in London that's how a lot of young people actually sound. Luckily, after the riots, a lot of gang members got arrested so their influence is a lot smaller now and confined to only certain parts of London which still have this roadman culture. Gangs are still a danger in a lot of hoods but a lot of places are now less gang-infested and thus less roadmanly
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by blackdiamond97
Some people are trying way too hard in this thread :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ayy shut up wasteman. Come down London road west croyDON if you want to chat sh** to man and ma boys. DSN runs dem ends innit
Original post by Trapz99
Ayy shut up wasteman. Come down London road west croyDON if you want to chat sh** to man and ma boys. DSN runs dem ends innit

You man in Croydon think you're hard. Come to north see if u don't get shanked. Chat sh** get banged.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yo bossman how much is 4 wings
Original post by Konahagakure
You man in Croydon think your hard. Come to north see if u don't get shanked. Chat sh** get banged.

Lol the only real hood in north is Tottenham mate, alright, maybe Islington as well but that's it. We got way more hoods in south- not just Croydon but Brixton (extra hard), mitcham, stretch am, Peckham (bare roadmans), camberwell, Southwark, Norwood and all dem places fam. No ones safe in these ends even if you ain't repping anyone. You chat sh** here you get shot. We have real steel and coppa (guns) in south unlike those paigons in north with their little shanks.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest