Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

submitted a 6th Dan black belt in Judo in front of his class today

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Sounds like you just attacked someone lol

(Original post by SmashConcept)
    I think I was getting confused with BJJ where their top grade is 7th degree or something. Or maybe I was thinking of 9th or 10th. How did you manage to make a high level international team without getting your 2nd Dan? Presumably you have enough points to get 2nd Dan if you compete that much, so are you just not bothering with the theory part or what?
    I was in the England Talent Development squad (made of the top players from the England squad).

I was only 15/16 at the time, I was still a blue or brown belt while I was in the squad.

I only converted from 18th mon to 1st kyu (junior grade brown belt to senior grade brown belt) after I had left the squad. (You need to be 1st kyu to get points)
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.