The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi so did you end up travelling alone? how was it? what did you do ?
ive been away alone twice now to Thailand. And it has to be said there are perks to going away on your own. You go where you like, do what you like, see what you like. You dont have to abide to anyone elses schedule but your own.

go for it
Reply 62
Thinking of doing the same. Did you go somewhere in the end and if so where? How was it?
Original post by Kirst80
Thinking of doing the same. Did you go somewhere in the end and if so where? How was it?

Hey, I'm not the OP. But I mentioned here perhaps about my first solo travels.

Only yesterday I just came back from spending 10 months solo in Latin America. Most amazing experience of my life!

I've met and hung out with people from many countries, cities and walks of life. I think that's harder to do when you're with someone, but believe me if you're considering it... just do it!

I don't think it's considered sad or pathetic at all... in fact the only real 'reaction' I get is that it's so cool that I'm able to cope by myself. It's life changing! Just do it!
Wow, actually I posted here before my first solo trip, which was just 8 days in Spain (and I'm now fluent in Spanish 3 years on!). My life has changed so much since then :')

Original post by posthumus
I am also looking to travel alone this summer.

However, I do hope to make some new friends, so I hope I won't always be alone :smile:

Latest