The Student Room Group

Can't choose between Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Uni or Liverpool Uni.

I know that the obvious choice would be University of Liverpool and the university of Leeds (the city I live in) as my firm and insurance but I really liked the feel of Sheffield. I haven't yet been to Liverpool though and I feel like I'm running out of time so I might not go. The course I'm studying next year is International Business. This is for 4 years. Sheffield Hallam were able to offer me an opportunity to do this with Japanese on the side which is a dream for me. However, Leeds said they couldn't and that put me off a little bit. Leeds on the other hand are considered 9th in the world for this course, which is amazing. Liverpool as far as I know only offer Mandarin with the course, I think it's compulsory.

I can't pick because I know Russell Groups are apparently considered by employers so Leeds and Liverpool could be great for the future but then being able to learn Japanese is like wow plus Sheffield H was so nice..

Requirements:
University of Leeds- AAA (Conditional)
University of Liverpool- ABB (Conditional)
Sheffield Hallam University- BBB (Uncondtional if firm choice)

I got AAB in AS but I honestly don't feel like I'm gonna do well this year....

Please help Dx
Original post by Norozac
I know that the obvious choice would be University of Liverpool and the university of Leeds (the city I live in) as my firm and insurance but I really liked the feel of Sheffield. I haven't yet been to Liverpool though and I feel like I'm running out of time so I might not go. The course I'm studying next year is International Business. This is for 4 years. Sheffield Hallam were able to offer me an opportunity to do this with Japanese on the side which is a dream for me. However, Leeds said they couldn't and that put me off a little bit. Leeds on the other hand are considered 9th in the world for this course, which is amazing. Liverpool as far as I know only offer Mandarin with the course, I think it's compulsory.

I can't pick because I know Russell Groups are apparently considered by employers so Leeds and Liverpool could be great for the future but then being able to learn Japanese is like wow plus Sheffield H was so nice..

Requirements:
University of Leeds- AAA (Conditional)
University of Liverpool- ABB (Conditional)
Sheffield Hallam University- BBB (Uncondtional if firm choice)

I got AAB in AS but I honestly don't feel like I'm gonna do well this year....

Please help Dx

We're slightly biased, but we truly believe that you'll get out of your course as much as you put in. Employers will be more taken by your skills and experience and if you can say you got involved with different opportunities to help your learning outside of the classroom, that's what will make a difference to employers. We're sure you'll have an excellent time no matter where you choose to study, but think about student life as a whole and what you can do with the opportunities given to you.

International Business and Japanese sounds great :smile: we're sure you'll love studying.

Laura
(Official Hallam rep)

Quick Reply

Latest