The Student Room Group

Boarding School !!!!

I'm considering a move to a barding school for 6th form. could anyone tell me what boarding school, the pros and cons etc. I'll be joining new at sixth form so it'll bebit of an adventure, howver I also have a place at the rilliant state school near me so I need to make my choice!

The school i'm considering a move to is Sexey', does anyone have any experience of it? I just generally would like tonow a bit about what bording is like! Thanks
Hi! I don't board but I'm assuming you're now in sixth form and wondered whether you chose Sexeys? And how you're finding it? I'm due to start in the sixth form there in September as a day student, as I live near by, however would be great to hear from someone about what it's like and to know someone who goes there as I currently know no one so will be going in alone!
Hi, I'm not actually there (as I'll explain now!) so I boarded and hated that, being a boarder u were in the minority and the school wasn't set up for boarding like some public schools e.g. Saturday school, lots of boarders, long holidays etc. As ur day this won't affect u by I left as I didn't get in with people in my house! The school is lovely, people are soooo friendly, which I really miss😭 Its really welcoming especially as loads of new people in year 12. Academically it's really good but I found having to do 4 AS and the option blocks all very restricting. It probably not gunna be the best choice if u want a large school which is super busy (though there's loads going on extra curricular wise) but it's really friendly supportive and easy to do well in. I came from private school and wouldn't say it was miles away from being at a private school tbh. I'm very jealous you can go as a day student, leaving was so hard but I lived too far too far away. What subjects would you do?

Original post by a snelgrove16
Hi! I don't board but I'm assuming you're now in sixth form and wondered whether you chose Sexeys? And how you're finding it? I'm due to start in the sixth form there in September as a day student, as I live near by, however would be great to hear from someone about what it's like and to know someone who goes there as I currently know no one so will be going in alone!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by eviebrizzle
Hi, I'm not actually there (as I'll explain now!) so I boarded and hated that, being a boarder u were in the minority and the school wasn't set up for boarding like some public schools e.g. Saturday school, lots of boarders, long holidays etc. As ur day this won't affect u by I left as I didn't get in with people in my house! The school is lovely, people are soooo friendly, which I really miss😭 Its really welcoming especially as loads of new people in year 12. Academically it's really good but I found having to do 4 AS and the option blocks all very restricting. It probably not gunna be the best choice if u want a large school which is super busy (though there's loads going on extra curricular wise) but it's really friendly supportive and easy to do well in. I came from private school and wouldn't say it was miles away from being at a private school tbh. I'm very jealous you can go as a day student, leaving was so hard but I lived too far too far away. What subjects would you do?

That's so sad to hear you're no longer there but then fully understand that going to the right place for you is so essential. I'm planning on taking Enlgish Lit, History, Psychology and Politics. I currently go to quite a big state school and the fact it's smaller is something I was attracted to as I miss the more friendly atmosphere in smaller schools

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending