The Student Room Group

why do muslims get persecuted on this site?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LibertyMan
Man! What are you, 12? What is motivating you to be so blind? Are you so firmly brainwashed by the media that any notion that Islam *could* be bad makes you tremble? Or are you so afraid of being proven wrong, online, in front of everyone, that you resort to this "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" approach to avoid losing face?

Ignorant fool. And as for this

You repeated this 10 times already, and you use that to discard that person's argument entirely! That is straight ad-hominem. Attacking the person and not the argument. You are just incapable of arguing back because you are so wrong!

"bla bla bla ad hominem attacking the person incapable INCAPABLE"

I should have left you to pretend you were correct on this thread in the first place
Original post by LibertyMan
Man! What are you, 12? What is motivating you to be so blind? Are you so firmly brainwashed by the media that any notion that Islam *could* be bad makes you tremble? Or are you so afraid of being proven wrong, online, in front of everyone, that you resort to this "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" approach to avoid losing face?

Ignorant fool. And as for this

You repeated this 10 times already, and you use that to discard that person's argument entirely! That is straight ad-hominem. Attacking the person and not the argument. You are just incapable of arguing back because you are so wrong!

DESTROYED!

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:
Original post by Youngmetro
Change is fundamental to society. Christianity has changed, why can't islam changed.

why are you still bashing their religion even tho they have accepted that change is necessary? Makes you worse tbh

I don't know, maybe because there are countries atm in the world that run on Islamic law and simultaneously have some of the worst human rights record ever recorded?
Original post by ZuluK
:colonhash: Mr Hydeman :colonhash:

It's true, though. :dontknow:
Reply 184
Original post by Hydeman
It's true, though. :dontknow:

I repeat

Original post by ZuluK
I repeat

Well, I don't understand what you mean, then. :tongue:
Reply 186
Original post by Hydeman
Well, I don't understand what you mean, then. :tongue:

Well think about it :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK
Well think about it :colonhash:

Spoiler

Yeah, whatever. :tongue:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I don't know, maybe because there are countries atm in the world that run on Islamic law and simultaneously have some of the worst human rights record ever recorded?

Yes, they are slow to change. They operate in such a way that they don't conform to western expectations and many of the people are oppressed.

You on the other hand bash the conservative muslims on TSR, there's a difference. And bashing muslims in the western world has no use since they themselves have accepted change is necessary.
Original post by truemiscer
I've joined today but all i see is muslim bashing.

What have muslims done to you? Its very unfair and hurtful

Muslims are very nice people and have great morals.

#LOVEMUSLIMS :hippie:]

Many people on this site don't. There are some who criticise Islam as well as all religions and there are some who mock it. The former is perfectly fine, even needed. The latter is immature but doesn't necessarily mean that those doing it hate Muslims as people.

On the other hand I have come across those who mask their obvious dislike or hatred for Muslims very poorly or not at all.

Not every Muslim is as you described; they have good and bad like any other group. I do know Muslims who are great people and love my Muslim family and friends to bits. That's why I feel obligated to stand up to hatred directed towards Muslims as people.
Yes, they are slow to change. They operate in such a way that they don't conform to western expectations and many of the people are oppressed.

You on the other hand bash the conservative muslims on TSR, there's a difference. And bashing muslims in the western world has no use since they themselves have accepted change is necessary.

Islam is a set of beliefs sweetheart. Some people are going to like it, others are going to dislike it completely.

Sadly, you just have to live with it.
Islam is a set of beliefs sweetheart. Some people are going to like it, others are going to dislike it completely.

Sadly, you just have to live with it.

Have some respect then, religious hatred isn't acceptable.
Have some respect then, religious hatred isn't acceptable.

Islamophobia is perfectly acceptable and everyone should question religion. Discriminating someone just because they're Muslim is wrong and unacceptable.

I'm only criticising Islam not doing the latter. There's a difference sweetheart.
Islamophobia is perfectly acceptable and everyone should question religion. Discriminating someone just because they're Muslim is wrong and unacceptable.

I'm only criticising Islam not doing the latter. There's a difference sweetheart.

Islamophobia is prejudice, whilst you're not showing it, many would in future put that to action. Criticising is fine, i get it, i've criticised and questioned the Qu'ran before. But when it's so repeated especially here on TSR, it becomes unnecessary and counter productive. It helps no one and only means Muslims feel victimised and abused because they feel the need to justify their religion. Muslims aren't helping themselves, but we can all do things to make sure this doesnt happen. And ironically, when we in the western world are critical and in some cases displaying hatred against muslims, feelings of hate towards the west will only grow. I think as intelligent people, we need to think more on what we say and reflect on the possible consequences. I dont mean to attack, i just hope you understand.
lol it's only a website and you could choose to ignore it let them hate who cares XD
Reply 195
Original post by Frank Underwood
the same could apply to all religions

The same does apply. The second you attempt to impose your bronze age desert myths upon me i will have an issue with it. Keep your fairytales to yourself and I will 100% respect and defend your right to believe it. Most secularists will defend your right to believe whatever stupid shet you want to believe, just dont expect us to respect it if you take those ideas public.
I don't know that's what I tried to tell people. I mean how can you take an Internet forum seriously ? And this stuff is only ever on TSR, I haven't seen or heard anything like this in reality. I guess being behind a computer screen helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Virgili
To whoever just told me they don't.

I was in a car with a Polish man who looked so disgusted with a girl in a hijab walking past us that I thought he was going to get out and beat her.

eviva polonia

Quick Reply

Latest