The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Accommodation Confirmation!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going to stay in Seafront standard accom? I got it reserved from my unconditional :biggrin: Haven't seen anyone staying there yet <3
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
I have an unconditional too and have applied to stay in the seafront :smile: looks amazing plus doing marine biology there so seemed legit
Original post by HannahGracey412
I have an unconditional too and have applied to stay in the seafront :smile: looks amazing plus doing marine biology there so seemed legit

Yay! I'm doing Film & TV, so hopefully the view will spark some ideas haha.
Got my confirmation through: studio flats in Fferm Penglais. Also got an unconditional for Psychology ( no idea why or how, but them's the breaks ).
Reply 64
I'm just worried that the studio flats mean it'll be harder to be social!
Original post by Rae666
I'm just worried that the studio flats mean it'll be harder to be social!

I'm doubly nervous because I'm in studios and I'm ( apparently ) a mature student ( although I'm pretty sure the word "mature" is a stretch there; I'm only 27 ;( ). So yeah, I empathise.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by owen_81297
i was going to pick price band 2 but for me i liked the idea of having the nicer kitchen and having a lounge area, and the extra price seemed worth it for me.

Replying like 2 months later but whatever 😁 since I am not eligible for any maintanance loans I will have to pay everything for the accom myself... I just went with the cheapest one.. As long as i can cook my own food everything else is alright with me, because of work i have lived in terrible rooms so i dont think anything can surprise me really haha... A little bit of decoration and its all good ..

And something I want to tell everyone, srsly guys, dont think too much about it, we are all going to the same place, you will be able to find friends no matter if you live in a studio or in an appartment of 10.. Also, even if you are a bit older (21+) you will also be able to find friends, okay? Dont worry too much 💗💗
Has anyone chosen Cwrt Mawr in Band 2? I did my accomodation a few months ago and went for the cheapest so I could save money however having regrets and wish I went for something more suitable for me. Are you able to change what accomodation you want after being accepted?!
Original post by Hannahsweet9
Has anyone chosen Cwrt Mawr in Band 2? I did my accomodation a few months ago and went for the cheapest so I could save money however having regrets and wish I went for something more suitable for me. Are you able to change what accomodation you want after being accepted?!

Hi, i chose cwrt mawr band 1 but, i've seen a few people on here who chose band 2, also have you been confirmed into that one yet? 'cause if not you could get one of your other choices which might be more suitable. Although, im sure if you email the accommodation office they'll be able to help (after all that's what they're for). well whatever happens hopefully it'll all work out.
Hi, i chose cwrt mawr band 1 but, i've seen a few people on here who chose band 2, also have you been confirmed into that one yet? 'cause if not you could get one of your other choices which might be more suitable. Although, im sure if you email the accommodation office they'll be able to help (after all that's what they're for). well whatever happens hopefully it'll all work out.

Yeah I wanted to change to Band 1 but I've chosen Rosser as I would prefer my own bathroom
Original post by Hannahsweet9
Yeah I wanted to change to Band 1 but I've chosen Rosser as I would prefer my own bathroom

Oh right, did you email them and change it then?
OMG. I applied for studio too (I don't know if I will get it but by the sounds of it you guys applied later (?) and I applied the minute it opened so I'm hopeful XD I'm waiting for results for a conditional offer, I'm on tenterhooks waiting for it now).
I am quite worried about making friends around me cause I'm not really outgoing and I would feel quite strange knocking on stranger's doors, you know? What do you guys think it's gonna be like living in studios? I picked it first cause I went to college and sharing a kitchen wasn't good for me (the other people in my flat were not very welcoming and I spent the year as an outsider - I didn't want a repeat of that).

What do you think? What would you guys suggest?? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
When is it confirmed btw???????
Original post by Tcmkh1998
When is it confirmed btw???????

When your offer becomes unconditional (whether it's after results day or before) then after a few days you should get an email telling you what one you get.
When your offer becomes unconditional (whether it's after results day or before) then after a few days you should get an email telling you what one you get.
Cheers man
I got an unconditional offer and so got my place at fferm penglais. However I haven't realised we had to pay the licence pack by 21st of July as didn't know they would email our aber email account that I was told to set up! As a result they've taken my offer away. Has anyone had similar or know how to resolve it???? Please help!
Original post by matatronic
Got my confirmation through: studio flats in Fferm Penglais. Also got an unconditional for Psychology ( no idea why or how, but them's the breaks ).

How do you know what accommodation you already have? I applied when it opened but don't get my results till the end of the month and everyone seems to know already, does that mean I won't get the one I have chosen?
Original post by Ellelogan
How do you know what accommodation you already have? I applied when it opened but don't get my results till the end of the month and everyone seems to know already, does that mean I won't get the one I have chosen?

You find out when your offer becomes unconditional. So if you haven't already got an unconditional offer then it's when you get your results. Although, if you've got an unconditional and don't know it'll say it on your licence pack (assuming you've completed it). Otherwise try emailing the accommodation office?
You find out when your offer becomes unconditional. So if you haven't already got an unconditional offer then it's when you get your results. Although, if you've got an unconditional and don't know it'll say it on your licence pack (assuming you've completed it). Otherwise try emailing the accommodation office?

Right okays thank you I'll try emailing the college and see what will happen. What course are you studying?
Original post by Ellelogan
Right okays thank you I'll try emailing the college and see what will happen. What course are you studying?

I'm studying marine and freshwater biology, you?
Btw there's a Facebook page if you want to join it
www.facebook.com/groups/1685324168371006

Quick Reply

Latest