The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Uni studying Maths - Exeter or Cardiff

Ive been stuck between the two for quite a while, ive visited both, both seemed great. I prefered the uni and campus to Exeter more and originally put it as my first choice, however im pretty big on the music scene and spend most of my money going to gigs with my friends and have recently found myself worried that if i go to exeter i wont be able to do the stuff im into or chill with the grungy kids cause most of them would have gone through the same predicament and gone to a city.

When i visited Cardiff the students were all away for the holiday so didnt really get the feel for it i was after. I know Cardiffs allot cheaper and has better transport links which are both pros.

The maths course seems basically the same everywhere and didnt notice anything big with the different teaching standards.

All helps great, thanks
Reply 1
i would like to know too please and if anyone has an offers maths g100
all info great
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I go to Exeter Uni but live in Cardiff so I have a decent experience of both places.

I'm not going to try and brag about Exeter's nightlife, it is definitely not on the same level as Cardiff. Exeter has a few gigs but Cardiff is really gonna have a lot more events.

I had Cardiff as my insurance but didn't really want to go there, I didn't like the "campus" at all, since a lot of it is split over the city I didn't really get a "Uni" feel to it.

Honestly though, if you did go to Exeter and wanted to go to some Cardiff Events, you can get a train ticket Exeter to Cardiff for under £20 if you book in advance.

There are also a lot of people in your predicament who will have gone to Exeter still - I don't think you'd be the only person who was one of the grungy kids haha

Hope I helped anyway

Quick Reply

Latest