The Student Room Group

Would you dye your hair pink, purple, blue, green or bright red?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Grirly_girl95
Then why don't you?

I don't think my work would like that very much lol, I'm thinking of looking for a change of job anyway so who knows?
Original post by mariam687
zayn rlly?

i thought u were better thn tht loool

Who else?
How long do these colours last when dyed in?

Also, what about spraying these colours in from a hair colouring can? Is it worth trying or does it just look fake and naff?
Original post by Blondie987
I don't think my work would like that very much lol, I'm thinking of looking for a change of job anyway so who knows?

You definitely need to find a different job lol.
I know but you said about rainbow colours, do you think it looks good on a girl?

dunno, probably tho
If ya paid me..
How do girls actually get a rainbow effect in their hair? Is it difficult to do?

It's more difficult to maintain more than one colour (especially if they're dramatically different because the colours bleed together.

You can do it but it's probably worth going for one colour (whether all over/dip dyed/highlights) at first because it is way more complicated to maintain.
How long do these colours last when dyed in?

Also, what about spraying these colours in from a hair colouring can? Is it worth trying or does it just look fake and naff?

I use Directions on bleached hair (which not only allows you to get bright colours but the bleaching helps the hair soak up the colour). With the right care (using a sulphate-free shampoo and washing in cold water) I get about 2 weeks before it noticeably faded but I also like the colour it fades to so I tend to go about 2 months before re-dying. By that point I have quite long roots and although I would prefer not to have them I don't see them as a big deal because it's clearly my hair isn't naturally this colour.

I've never used spray cans or hair chalk but those tend to be wash-out which is great for a party but not for every day. People sometimes used them to find out whether they like a colour but you wouldn't get the same look anyway so I'm not sure whether that works.
Who is Zayn?

Zayn Malik

Quick Reply

Latest