The Student Room Group

Aqa A2 History Coursework Source Evaluation

Hi,

I'm in the middle of finishing off my source evaluation and was wondering if anyone else if a but confused about what can take a source evaluation up to the highest levels? I know that there's a mark scheme but it seems a bit trivial trying to deduce "good" from "excellent" etc etc.
You need to consider the following things:

Purpose: What's the purpose of the source? (e.g. to inform, to describe etc.)

Author: Who's the author of the source? Does this make them biased in any way?

Nature: What type of source is it? (e.g. book, report, article etc.)

Date: When was it published? Does the date have any significance? Is it outdated?

Audience: Who was the audience? How did it impact them? [this one isn't neccessary]

General questions to ask yourself:

How useful is the source?

Did the author/writer omit anything?

Is there any bias? -Why is there bias? How is it neutral?

I highly suggest yo use this website to help you, I know it might be for GCSE students but the same applies for A-Level.
Reply 2
Original post by highestmountain
Hi,

I'm in the middle of finishing off my source evaluation and was wondering if anyone else if a but confused about what can take a source evaluation up to the highest levels? I know that there's a mark scheme but it seems a bit trivial trying to deduce "good" from "excellent" etc etc.

Have you finished your coursework??? I'm also doing a2 history and need to do my evaluation soon for coursework!
What's your coursework on??
(edited 8 years ago)
My course work is due in tomorrow and those questions really helped me on my evaluation!! Thank you so much!
My coursework was on Britain in the 1800s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending