The Student Room Group

German A2 Edexcel

Hi. I am doing it as a Private candidate.

About the research-based essay, it says: rewards
students for German-language research skills linked to an area
of interest to the student. This must relate to the culture
and/or society of a German-language country, countries
or community.

Does it mean I can take a film called "5 Jahre Leben" it's about a German-Turkish man who spent 5 years without prosecution in Guantanmo Bay. I don't have a teacher that could confirm this for me.
Reply 1
bump
Ja! Du kannst das machen!
Yes, you can talk about that film: it would be the Literature and Arts Question.
You needto consider and demonstrate understanding of the following:„
* different characters„
* key themes/issues„
* social and cultural setting„
* styles/techniques employed.

In each of these four areas, you are expected to analyse theresearch that you have undertaken, give your opinions and justifythem.

You need to get a 400-word essay on the film: make sure there's enough content. Have a look at past questions, too!
Reply 3
Original post by drrebeccakirby
Ja! Du kannst das machen!
Yes, you can talk about that film: it would be the Literature and Arts Question.
You needto consider and demonstrate understanding of the following:„
* different characters„
* key themes/issues„
* social and cultural setting„
* styles/techniques employed.

In each of these four areas, you are expected to analyse theresearch that you have undertaken, give your opinions and justifythem.

You need to get a 400-word essay on the film: make sure there's enough content. Have a look at past questions, too!

Thought it was 270 words. Can I write it out beforehand and memorise it for the exam? Viel Dank!
Not really, because you won't know the theme, or how the question is structured.
You should write a practice one on all four 'areas', though, as preparation.

Quick Reply

Latest