The Student Room Group

Political Communication Masters: Advice and Thoughts

I'm considering studying a masters in Political Communication. I am leaning towards Amsterdam for the price and lifestyle, but would it impede my chances of working politically in the UK? Furthermore, I'm considering working abroad straight after the master's. If I don't go to Amsterdam, it will be between a few universities in London, which will cost so much more.

Some info about me, I have a first class in Economics and Politics, and I'm currently working as a (somewhat freelance) journalist. I want to eventually work on political campaigns.
Reply 1
BUMP
Royal Holloway has developed some great programmes in this area which are definitely something to consider.

The cost of Amsterdam must be tempting. http://gsc.uva.nl/programmes/content3/tuition-fees-and-costs/tuition-fees.html

Amsterdam definitely has more onus on the EU which could always be a positive as I don't think you are at much of an advantage from learning in the UK for british politics.

Have you thought about the MA Public Relations at the London College of Communication, seems a good course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending