Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Studying medicine in Singapore or Hong Kong

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 12-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Does anyone know how doing a medical degree in hong kong or Singapore compare to the UK.As well as how does one get a job after medical school from those countries?How does the system work in those countries?

    I briefly looked at applying to Duke Singapore, it's taught in English and would be acceptable for coming back to the UK eventually. First up, it's like American money expensive but maybe there is someone willing to lend if you got in (MCAT entry exam) It is a 4 year graduate entry course, and I believe you must stay in Singapore and work there as a doctor for 5 years after graduating or you face a very high financial penalty. I'm not sure about HK but here's Duke's website: https://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/education/md-programme

    You would need an undergrad degree in order to apply, MCAT is quite pricey too.

    Here in HK it's 6 years undergrad only for both CU and HKU. You have to speak/learn Cantonese and do a housemanship here after.

    Not sure if we take non-HK citizens at all, you'll have to google (if you aren't).
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.