The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation for MSA student

Hi, I m an international student for architecture in Manchester School of Architecture. I would like to ask which accommodation is suitable for me as I know MSA in not located in university campus. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MAN97
Hi, I m an international student for architecture in Manchester School of Architecture. I would like to ask which accommodation is suitable for me as I know MSA in not located in university campus. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, the Manchester School of Architecture is near the Business Hub. If you go on the Manchester Metropolitan University website you can see all accommodation they have to offer. http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/manchester/ I would say any of these and you will be okay.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I thought the accommodation only provide by uni of Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MAN97
I thought the accommodation only provide by uni of Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am unsure what you mean, however, I do know that the Architecture programme is a joint programme between Manchester Metropolitan University and The University of Manchester - this means you have access to both university resources. I currently live very close to the university and attended an open day as I received a place on their part 2 programme so I can speak from experience as to where the building is in relation to the campus. As I haven't chosen their programme I don't know what information you have received from them in terms of halls.

You might be best contacting the course leader or university accommodation advisers as to what halls are best for you. I can see their website says it will be provided by The University of Manchester but I'd say its best to contact them, with their campus being on the Met University I'm sure they get asked this quite a lot.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 4
Okay ! Thanksss it helps lots !😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll officially be a student at both, and will spend most of your time on the MMU campus (in the new MSA building) but will live in UoM halls. However, the campuses are literally next door to each other and on the same bus route, so it's not an issue at all.
Hello! Although this tread is old, do you know if a first-year BA student at MSA can stay at MMU halls?

Quick Reply

Latest