The Student Room Group

No friends in uni course

I have started my first year in university in last october and from then I haven't still made friends or entered a friend circle in my course. I am quite shy and reserved. Probably I look antisocial but I'm not.I tried to sit next to friend circles but I don't have the courage to join the conversation.What could I do?
Original post by Framar
I have started my first year in university in last october and from then I haven't still made friends or entered a friend circle in my course. I am quite shy and reserved. Probably I look antisocial but I'm not.I tried to sit next to friend circles but I don't have the courage to join the conversation.What could I do?

Courage is gained overtime, it aint immediate, just gradually work on being more confident first.

How?

Force yourself and throw yourself (not literrally ofc) into convos.

Start easy and small like extend the convo a bit with your co workers/waiters/tesco person then build off that YOU CAN DO IT

As for friends and friend circles remember its QUALITY NOT QUANTITY

Make sure they have similar morals/intrests....WRONG FRIENDS are worse than NO FRIENDS....dont sound like it but it will feel like it:redface:

Have you tried goin to clubs an societies that involve your art/sport/academic interests

Try to meet similar people and similar events and dont be afraid to go alone THAT SHOWS YOUR COURAGE and builds your confidence which was my first point

BEST OF LUCK:h:
Reply 2
I'm quite shy too! I'll be starting uni this September and I'm scared I'll have the same problem!
I plan on joining a few clubs/societies..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending