Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

You think you can pass the Life In The UK test?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I thought this was difficult, I need to sit my test soon and practicing a lot.

I am getting 17+ most times.

How do you guys do? Could you pass the immigration test!? citizenpaper

Nope, I get around 16 when I do the tests

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can pass the first one, which is fortunate as a UK citizen. I did find some of the questions irrelevant and some badly written though.

16. Failed.

Get me back on the boat.

Between 19-22 for the four or five I did.

I did the first 2 and got 14 on both :erm:
    But I'm doubting the validity of the tests now, it marked me wrong on a question where the explanation agreed with my answer and it didn't show the correct answer. (Note how the question says WHICH TWO) Have I misread it?
    Name:  citizentest.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  85.5 KB

lol, it took me 4 minutes to solve one when before I've applied for naturalization. it's simple

The test is incorrect.
    17. QuestionWho is considered ineligible to do jury service?
    • Police
    • Anyone with a criminal conviction
    • Judges
    • Members of Parliament
    At least in Scotland, and the question is not specific to England at all.
    "The full list of those ineligible to serve on a jury will be listed in your citation. Those ineligible to serve on a jury include:-
    • constables of any police force, or
    • police cadets,
    • you are a Justice of the Supreme Court or the President or Deputy President of that Court;
    •  you are a Senator of the College of Justice;
    •  you are a sheriff;
    •  you are a Justice of the Peace;
    •  you are a stipendiary magistrate;

Another question, another incorrect question:
    Which TWO are compulsory in the UK if you own an old car?
    • A valid MOT test certificate
    • Mortgage
    • Car insurance
    • Life insurance
    None of the above is the correct answer. An MOT and car insurance are not required if you own a car if it's SORNed. An MOT and car insurance are required for the vehicle to be driven on the road.

Edit: Another question states your family cannot help you if you've suffering domestic violence.
    Now no secretary of state is responsible for policing.

I picked 5 pages randomly & got 20+ correct on each one. Some (educated) guess-timation was involved though.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.