The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got back from my first week yesterday and can honestly say it's the best experience ever! My SMs are super nice and incredibly friendly, and everyone in my team gets along well with each other. The activities are really really good (we did canoeing, swimming in the loch, expedition + camping, and finally this thing called Splosh which was basically scrambling up a gorge in roughly knee-deep water. We also got to do a rope swing into a deeper bit (SO FUN) as well as swimming under a waterfall (although that bit wasn't enjoyable for me at all)). The wave time sessions on an evening were really fun, and the evening sessions were a bit boring at times but not too bad. All I can say for anyone who hasn't done it yet is that you get out of it what you put in, so definitely have a go at everything and you'll probably enjoy yourself!
Original post by Pix2015
Does anyone else have a big case, I feel like mines too big :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, some people will have likely brought even bigger ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
Omg so did I, are you from Sussex?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope sorry,!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just finished my second week of the NCS programme and I can honestly say that it has been amazing. I've made so many new friends and I've had a really good laugh with different people. All the mentors are so nice and friendly, particularly: Scott Robinson, Chris Bradbury, Brianna Campbell and Jacob Allan. I had a great laugh with all 4 of those guys.
All the activities over the two weeks have been fun and engaging. The provide transferrable skills that you can use when your older and look absolutely amazing on your CV.
If you get the chance to do NCS - say YES.
Original post by nomophobia
Don't worry, some people will have likely brought even bigger ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah they did :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanyjx

Ah got excited. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
it has ended. 😔
It was absolutely fantastic!!! I wish it was longer :frown:

I had an AMAZING time 😊
Original post by NiamhM1801
I got back from my first week yesterday and can honestly say it's the best experience ever! My SMs are super nice and incredibly friendly, and everyone in my team gets along well with each other. The activities are really really good (we did canoeing, swimming in the loch, expedition + camping, and finally this thing called Splosh which was basically scrambling up a gorge in roughly knee-deep water. We also got to do a rope swing into a deeper bit (SO FUN) as well as swimming under a waterfall (although that bit wasn't enjoyable for me at all)). The wave time sessions on an evening were really fun, and the evening sessions were a bit boring at times but not too bad. All I can say for anyone who hasn't done it yet is that you get out of it what you put in, so definitely have a go at everything and you'll probably enjoy yourself!

I've finished today. I'm glad you've had a fantastic time. I really loved our evening sessions. I think it depends on who is doing them and what they're about
I just finished the last day of my last week today, and I've got to say it was such an amazing experience, had such a great group, had so much fun and I'm going to miss it soon much.

For anyone considering NCS I would definitely go for it, it's worth it. :smile:
I just finished my first week of NCS today and it was amazing.
My group bonded really quickly and I found it really easy to make friends which was awesome because it usually takes me a while.
My group leader is really awesome (basically the only word in my vocabulary) and everyone else seems to be happy with theirs.

We slept in tents this week which most people hated because we were near the sea and it was freezing!!! We're camping again next week but it should be warmer.

I'm so so excited for next week!
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I just finished my first week of NCS today and it was amazing.
My group bonded really quickly and I found it really easy to make friends which was awesome because it usually takes me a while.
My group leader is really awesome (basically the only word in my vocabulary) and everyone else seems to be happy with theirs.

We slept in tents this week which most people hated because we were near the sea and it was freezing!!! We're camping again next week but it should be warmer.

I'm so so excited for next week!

The University was the best for me. I had an amazing time at the University of wolverhampton, telford campus. So many friends were made and I had so many laughs and good times. The first aid training and white socks theatre were the best workshops.
Todays my last day, i reslly dont want it to end, most of us in the roup have bonded closer than ever and its always so much fun, we have crazy inside jokes and our mentors are honestly the best.. Like seriously our mentors are like one of us we have no filters when we talk to them because literally we can talk to them abount anything, its such good banter😭 Idk what im gonna do when it ends
Original post by tamanna___
Todays my last day, i reslly dont want it to end, most of us in the roup have bonded closer than ever and its always so much fun, we have crazy inside jokes and our mentors are honestly the best.. Like seriously our mentors are like one of us we have no filters when we talk to them because literally we can talk to them abount anything, its such good banter😭 Idk what im gonna do when it ends

Because I enjoyed it so much, I was told by my mentor that I could apply to become a mentor next year. So you could apply to be a mentor through the APM website if you enjoyed so much aswell.
Area: Isllington (borough), London
Dates: 24th June - 16 July
Options for Part 2 (in descending order): Photography, Media, Art

My dates ^ :smile:
Original post by nataliasx
Area: Isllington (borough), London
Dates: 24th June - 16 July
Options for Part 2 (in descending order): Photography, Media, Art

My dates ^ :smile:

Come and join the new chat :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4548672

Latest

Trending

Trending