The Student Room Group

Sociology Mock

I have a mock for Sociology and I'm struggling on how to revise and where to start from? The exam board is OCR. Anyone here do A Level Sociology who can help me out?
(edited 8 years ago)
I did OCR Sociology A Level. Which modules are you doing?

I can help with:

G671

G672

G673

G674

What are you struggling with? The content or exam questions?

You can always use the TSR Study Resources for any subject, pretty helpful revision material on there. Also there is a very useful Study Planner on TSR which you may use, if you find that timetables are something you don't stick to then make a list of things to do per day/week and tick it off as you go along.

You can use the Forest application on your phone to focus.
Hi would you be able to help me answer this question im not sure what to include into it Identify and explain two reasons for the decrease in family size over the past 30 years as most of the research is old?
Original post by peanutcracker20
Hi would you be able to help me answer this question im not sure what to include into it Identify and explain two reasons for the decrease in family size over the past 30 years as most of the research is old?

Here's a few things you can include:

Widespread use of contraception

People now hold more of a consuming lifestyle

Couples tend to have fewer children or have them later- therefore women develop careers before motherhood

Fertility has reduced due to changes in age profile

Decline in marriage

Increase in divorce

Changing values

New concepts (for example: single-hood, childfree, single-parents)

Make sure to include:

Feminism, postmodernism, New Right theories throughout

Explanations: increasing choice and diversity, changing role of women in society, feminisation of labour force

Use statistics (Here's a range of statistics to use for G672)

Keep note that I'm assuming you know how to structure by now. :h:
go stuff urself noob

Quick Reply

Latest