The Student Room Group

Which Uni's offer conversion Masters in CS?

So like the title suggests, I'm considering uni's that offer conversion masters in CS as they normally contain a lot of software modules (that's my main interest). Can anyone recommend a uni for September 2016?

The uni's I've looked at so far:

Birmingham
UCL
Bristol
Birmingham City
Hertfordshire
Liverpool

And possibly the MSc Software Engineering at Oxford, although it seems staggeringly over-priced (almost £20,000 for some very basic modules).

Can anyone recommend anymore to consider? Or does anyone have any experience with the above?

Thanks!
Imperial, Kent, Newcastle, Oxford Msc Computer Science is essentially a conversion course ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks chum! Although how hard is the Oxford course to get in to?
Lol... It's Oxford, it is bound to be very competitive. If you have a very good grades, a good CV, good experience they should consider your application.

Oxford isn't necessarily the most renowned for Comp Sci though.
Original post by snowhawk
So like the title suggests, I'm considering uni's that offer conversion masters in CS as they normally contain a lot of software modules (that's my main interest). Can anyone recommend a uni for September 2016?

The uni's I've looked at so far:

Birmingham
UCL
Bristol
Birmingham City
Hertfordshire
Liverpool

And possibly the MSc Software Engineering at Oxford, although it seems staggeringly over-priced (almost £20,000 for some very basic modules).

Can anyone recommend anymore to consider? Or does anyone have any experience with the above?

Thanks!

There are a few others to add to the list (as well as the Imperial, Kent, Newcastle and Oxford suggestions from the other poster):

- Bath
- Nottingham (over the phone, they told me that their course is essentially an MSc conversion)
- St Andrews do a related course (and it is a well respected institute for the subject too)
- Glasgow also do a related course in Software Development (from the top of my head)

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi there I'm currently a final year student doing my dissertation on women in the computing industry and whether changing the curriculum from ICT to Computing would encourage more females into the industry and I would really appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete this questionnaire for me! Thank you in advance :smile:

I'll be happy to one in return :smile:)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o56EdN-tu39HqJhAWOf_dTmyTIV4uyqYPDt8WTmPEqg/viewform?c=0&w=1
Reply 6
Original post by sham78612
Hi there I'm currently a final year student doing my dissertation on women in the computing industry and whether changing the curriculum from ICT to Computing would encourage more females into the industry and I would really appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete this questionnaire for me! Thank you in advance :smile:

I'll be happy to one in return :smile:)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o56EdN-tu39HqJhAWOf_dTmyTIV4uyqYPDt8WTmPEqg/viewform?c=0&w=1

Ok done.

Thanks for all the contributions to the thread folks!

For what it's worth, I've found a few more uni's that offer MSc Computer Science conversion courses:

Queens Belfast*
Ulster University*
Birkbeck (UoL)

*Both are software development masters

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending