The Student Room Group

English Degree without English A-Levels?

I am currently studying BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care but I've been thinking I really want to study an English degree at University. I have an A in both English Language and English Literature at GCSE but I was wondering if universities would let me do a degree in English without the A-Level?
oops I was wrong

Best thing to do is find the courses you wnat to go to and then ring them up. If you show enough commitment they might decide to exercise discretion. If you dont try you wont know.

http://university.which.co.uk/subjects/english-language-and-literature

Why not just A levels as they are quite a step up or look into doing a foundation year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _oliviajayne
I am currently studying BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care but I've been thinking I really want to study an English degree at University. I have an A in both English Language and English Literature at GCSE but I was wondering if universities would let me do a degree in English without the A-Level?

Most unis wont allow you to do an English degree without an English A-level. You could do a foundation degree but that's a waste of money.

You might as well just do an A-level in English Literature or English - Language and Literature combined rather than having an extra £9K debt looming over you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending