Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Puzzle (short story competition)

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I woke up. My eyes opened. I took a quick glimpse around and quickly shut them again.
    It was silent, I couldn't hear a thing. I counted to three but I couldn't open my eyes. I tried this several times and finally opened my eyes.All I could see was blackness and the stars. The stars sparkled one by one.
    I looked down and was lying on, which looked like grass. It was green and I felt it with my hand; it felt like grass, so I decided it was grass.
    I slowly got up and started walking in this strange environment. I had no idea where I was or where I was going.
    I saw a shack. It was weathered. I stood there and listened for a moment. I glanced at my wrist but my IWatch was smashed. It said 4.50 in the morning I think or was it afternoon; I don't know, can't remember. I looked up and continued walking towards the shack.I reached the door and took a deep breath in and knocked. No answer so I knocked again and still no answer. I took another deep breath and opened the door, ‘Not locked’, I thought and the weathered door swung open. Empty. I reached this odd looking door and with some force, it opened. I wish I hadn't. There was a skeleton sat in the chair.
    I ran.
    I looked back and could no longer see the shack. I looked round and all the stars disappeared.
    I heard voices. Just like the beginning, I was to scared to open my eyes. I really didn't want open them but I had no choice. Someone opened them.There were bright lights and I couldn't move. I opened my mouth; no sound came out and quickly this hand covered my mouth and put their finger to their mouth to signal to be quiet. I nodded and this person removed their hand. I stared at this person. I could only see their eyes; bright blue. I had no idea what was happening, everything gradually went dark. I opened my eyes and it was dawn.

Gemma Leng
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2016
TSR Support Team
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.