The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Our school made us sit unifying concepts in January along with central concepts. And i too stressed about it a lot like many people on this thread and had central concepts to revise for like all of you have your option module. I would say that the spec. on their website is pretty vague - so i decided to focus on central concepts instead, to get a good mark in that incase i completely flunked this one.

My advice would be
1) do practise the papers (this improves timing and the style of the questions)
2) read the question thoroughly.

I found after the exam that no amount of revision could have made it easier or better....so you are better off focusing your efforts on the option module you are taking.

PM me about any specific questions :smile:
Reply 21
taking it in jan with CC sounds like such a good idea, we should have done that
hate this, will be looking through exam schemes as suggested :smile: cheers

btw does anyone have answers to this one? lol
hey guyz...hope rev is going well for you lot...just wanted to ask how many marks (Raw) do i need to pull of an A in this module....i got 48/60 in my coursework which is bound to go up....but can anyone tell me how many marks i need based on my current coursework mark...cheers!
Reply 23
This may or may not help you, I dont do biology but I was searching for past papers and came across this;

AS http://exams.adambs.info/Papers/OCR/Bio/AS/

A2 http://exams.adambs.info/Papers/OCR/Bio/A2/

As far as I can see, papers and markschemes, have fun!
Reply 24
does anyone think we'll have to know succession on sand dunes in detail?
aisha06
does anyone think we'll have to know succession on sand dunes in detail?

yeeeep...its likely to come up as it didnt come in jan
f.amir
yeeeep...its likely to come up as it didnt come in jan

Yay!
I love sand dune succession. It's the only bit of ecology that I do like.
mam phys is going to kill me.
Reply 27
does anyone have the unifying concepts paper of january 2007....and for the gaseous exchange chapter in HHD what do we need to knw....i never like that chapter...
Reply 28
rafer88
does anyone have the unifying concepts paper of january 2007....and for the gaseous exchange chapter in HHD what do we need to knw....i never like that chapter...

have fun xxx
Schmeevey

have fun xxx

have u got unifying for biology 07'?
Reply 30
f.amir
have u got unifying for biology 07'?

send me ur email and i'll email it to u xxx
Reply 31
does anyone else feel that they arent prepared for unifying? i've just finished goin over all the modules, but dont really feel like i no it properly. havent done any past papers yet but still feel incredibly unconfident.
Reply 32
unifying is more based on interpreting data...not alot of AS stuff required
Reply 33
^^yup thts a true, there's an incredible number of marks available for using graphs and values and stating trends from tables etc. i dnt rele no how to revise for UC at all- i went through the specification for it and made sure i knew the points etc, there's not much u can do for it, except practise xxx
Reply 34
is there any tips tht ppl could give on how to interpreting the data..plz
Reply 35
I'm thinking whats not in the CC paper will be in UC...

Damned shame they're on one after the other.. lol.
Reply 36
rafer88
is there any tips tht ppl could give on how to interpreting the data..plz

when descibing the trends using the graph or table, u need to find trends and ask urself why thats happening. you usually get a mark for making reference to the data, e.g. quoting numbers. That's it really- just writing down any trends u find and quoting numbers to back it up usually gets u all the marks.
Reply 37
hi, can some1 please send me the january 06 june 06 and january 07 markschemes and questions please
it would be really helpful
send to [email protected]
Reply 38
plz can sombody send m the Jan 07 paper...plz...i really need it mi email add is [email protected].
thanks
Reply 39
*PeppyGirlie*

send me ur email and i'll email it to u xxx

would it be possible to send me the jan 07 bio unifying concepts paper please..?thnks xx

[email protected]

Latest

Trending

Trending