The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Anyone applying for private halls for MMU this September?

I applied for MMU halls but because i live 24 miles away, i haven't been accepted for halls. Anyone in/has been in same position? ideally i would prefer to be with other first years i am studying psychology with counselling and psychotherapy. Panicking now because i dont want to be with other students that go to another uni and are 3rd years for example... wanna be in the same boat as others haha so anyone who is in same position? x
Reply 1
Original post by Hanpops1296
I applied for MMU halls but because i live 24 miles away, i haven't been accepted for halls. Anyone in/has been in same position? ideally i would prefer to be with other first years i am studying psychology with counselling and psychotherapy. Panicking now because i dont want to be with other students that go to another uni and are 3rd years for example... wanna be in the same boat as others haha so anyone who is in same position? x

Oh my god I am in exactly the same situation! I have just got a room in MSV South because I went to look around a few on Monday and that was the best one that I saw social life wise. It says that I have been put with two other 18 year olds and one 21 year old so I think I am good now haha but I would deffo recommend MSV South :smile: Is your course in the Birley Building btw because I am doing physiotherapy and mine is in Birley
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
I'm doing criminology and psychology :smile: so I'll be in the same building sometimes 💪🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by EllieH98
Oh my god I am in exactly the same situation! I have just got a room in MSV South because I went to look around a few on Monday and that was the best one that I saw social life wise. It says that I have been put with two other 18 year olds and one 21 year old so I think I am good now haha but I would deffo recommend MSV South :smile: Is your course in the Birley Building btw because I am doing physiotherapy and mine is in Birley

Yeah i think my building is Birley haha!.. anyway which rooms did you opt for ive had a look on thier webiste and like the look of it. Sorry for such a long time replying :blush:
Reply 4
Yeah i think my building is Birley haha!.. anyway which rooms did you opt for ive had a look on thier webiste and like the look of it. Sorry for such a long time replying :blush:

I got a Pluto room and am in 12 A Flat 4 and yeah it is really nice! Oh and it's fineee 😊
Reply 5
Original post by EllieH98
I got a Pluto room and am in 12 A Flat 4 and yeah it is really nice! Oh and it's fineee 😊

I think i'm gonna go for MSV not MSV south.. bit cheaper tbh but not sure what to do! haha
Reply 6
I think i'm gonna go for MSV not MSV south.. bit cheaper tbh but not sure what to do! haha

Personally I didn't really like the msv halls, the windows were very small which kind of made it feel closed in and my friend goes and says it isn't great, but it is cheaper and the location couldn't really be any better so I think it's just what you are looking for but I would really go and look around them first because none of them really look like they do on the website
Reply 7
already paid the deposit...
Reply 8
already paid the deposit...

Ahh well I am sure you will love it
MSV seems decent I went to view it and spoke to a couple people who already lived there. Do you know what block you're in yet?
Hey - how are yous able to pick your accommodation? It won't let me select pick anything yet
Original post by carriewright_
Hey - how are yous able to pick your accommodation? It won't let me select pick anything yet

Hi, are you looking for private accommodation? I've got a room available for MSV South for September 16 which I need to find a replacement for as I'm moving to Surrey. Let me know if you're interested. It is a Pluto room, 51 week contract so it's £99 a week for rent, overlooking the car park so it's quiet & is an ensuite room in a flat of 4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending