The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Does anyone have the WSO technical guide or the BIWS technical guide? WSO only sells stupid and useless bundles and I can't seem to purchase just the guide.
Original post by RWiz
Does anyone have the WSO technical guide or the BIWS technical guide? WSO only sells stupid and useless bundles and I can't seem to purchase just the guide.

Nah, don't think you're going to need for spring week apps tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 402
I don't think so either but you can never be too prepared!
Reply 403
Are there interviews for SW?
Original post by Yua
Are there interviews for SW?

Lol, ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 405
Original post by Princepieman

when do they take place?
Reply 406
is spring internship same as spring week
Reply 407
Original post by Yua
is spring internship same as spring week

Yes
Original post by Yua
when do they take place?

Depends on when HR start sending them out, but my friends were interviewed around December to end of Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
Depends on when HR start sending them out, but my friends were interviewed around December to end of Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. Is there a best time to apply, or is it like UCAS where it doesn't really matter?
Original post by Yua
I see. Is there a best time to apply, or is it like UCAS where it doesn't really matter?

Preferably by mid October, but some banks open in October itself and some in November. The non-rolling banks are like UCAS for e.g. Oxbridge with a hard deadline but they don't look at applicants until after the deadline. GS falls into this, and their deadline is sometime in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
Preferably by mid October, but some banks open in October itself and some in November. The non-rolling banks are like UCAS for e.g. Oxbridge with a hard deadline but they don't look at applicants until after the deadline. GS falls into this, and their deadline is sometime in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a lot of time to prepare. Do universities help with this sort of thing?
Original post by Yua
That's a lot of time to prepare. Do universities help with this sort of thing?

Depends, if you're at a target/semi target and join the finance soc you'll probably get sick of all the advertising about spring weeks and info sessions etc eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Princepieman Do you know please whether on the applications which ask for your UCAS points you include just your top three A-Levels or all your qualifications worthy of UCAS points? Thanks :smile:
Original post by economicss
@Princepieman Do you know please whether on the applications which ask for your UCAS points you include just your top three A-Levels or all your qualifications worthy of UCAS points? Thanks :smile:

Top 3, but with some places it's everything. Depends on how the layout is, e.g. JPM's includes everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Top 3, but with some places it's everything. Depends on how the layout is, e.g. JPM's includes everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 416
Hi, I'm gonna start a history BA at Oxford but have a background in legal work experience and no experience in finance - can I still give IB spring weeks a shot?
Original post by MHI
Hi, I'm gonna start a history BA at Oxford but have a background in legal work experience and no experience in finance - can I still give IB spring weeks a shot?

ofc. Maybe consider how you can spin the law exp into the "Why IB" question ect. :smile:
Original post by MHI

Definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 419
Does anyone have a list of the banks that require cover letters? I think I have seen one previously, but I cannot seem to find it again.

Latest

Trending

Trending