The Student Room Group

Discreet Office flings

Hey, I'm interested to know if anyone has ever had a discreet office fling with a colleague? How did it start? End? Did people find out? Was it difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stk1010
Hey, I'm interested to know if anyone has ever had a discreet office fling with a colleague? How did it start? End? Did people find out? Was it difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i haven't, but i wouldn't think about it. No such thing as a discreet office fling. First off you'll be seeing this woman all the time (not good when things don't go well) and second, things will spread like wildfire, especially in an office full of women (if it is)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I started seeing one of the people in my work in October. We're not in the same office but still run into each other all the time. We kept it secret until about February since we didn't want to tell people when it wasn't serious, but now we've told our close friends and it's completely fine. Although I did spend a good couple of months basically ignoring him at work because I didn't know how to act.
Reply 3
Yes, you try to be discrete, leaving separately at a different time for your clandestine lunch and at home time. Keeping that smouldering passion hidden from your colleagues as pass in the corridor. Perhaps even going out in a different town where you are less likely to be spotted. It's rather mischievous fun in fact, if a tad juvenile, and of course people twig pretty quickly - but that is fun too. I think I was rumbled in less than a fortnight. But in truth you don't really need to do this, unless there is a reporting relationship and even then it's might be better to be straight up fairly promptly and to manage the situation. The 'difficult bit' was post breakup!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending