The Student Room Group

Identification for student finance

Is anyone else having problems here.

Basically my passport expired a year ago and is my maden name (2nd known sirname changed via deed poll) i have been married and divorced within the 11 years of my passports start date so my married name is not what it is on the passport as i never felt the need to renew it. Based on this student finance wont take my passport.

2nd option birth certificate.
As explained my name growing up i had changed at 18 via deed poll. But this was in 2002, 16 years ago.
I no longer have the deep poll as i had changed my passport, drivin licence ect to new name.
But now i cant get a copy linking my birth certificate to my changed name.
Solicitors only have it on file for 6 years and government for 10. So i cant access it to use my birth certificate.

They wont accept my drivi licence even thought its always remained up to date.

Im now in the process of trying to renew my passport from my changed name to my married name. But as i am now divorced i no longer hold my original marriage certificateas this is handed over by law to file for divorce.
Passport office said they wont accept my certified copy from solicitors along with my decree showing my divorce. So i may have to buy another copy of my marriage certificate.

Bear in mind ive already forked out £100 on the passport that i didn't want to and wont get a refund.
Have you talked to student finance? They do, IIRC, ask about any other names you've been known by.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending