The Student Room Group

Sponsorship for GDL

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to jump in, but I myself was hoping to find some information on GDL courses. I graduated in Politics from a Russell group university with a 2:1 and I am looking to have a career in International law or possibly a legal position at an International Organisation. Would a GDL be useful to me? Does it open up other career pathways?
Original post by Umut Budak
Sorry to jump in, but I myself was hoping to find some information on GDL courses. I graduated in Politics from a Russell group university with a 2:1 and I am looking to have a career in International law or possibly a legal position at an International Organisation. Would a GDL be useful to me? Does it open up other career pathways?

I'm not sure if a GDL would be useful to you. First of all, you are looking for a career in international law. Note that the GDL would only allow you to practise in England and Wales (and also a few other jurisdictions with additional requirements). It would not necessarily aid you in any way to reach your goal.

I would suggest doing an LLM or a master's degree in international relations that might open up doors for you.

Quick Reply

Latest