The Student Room Group

Why am I still considered a migrant worker?

I moved to the UK in Dec 2011 for work. In Sep 2014 I decided to star a uni course and continued working and qualified as a migrant worker. I wasn't able for that course and left after failing. I started a new course in sep 2015 at the same university. It is a different course and on the 1 Sep that year I had been in England for 3 years and 9 months why am I still being treated as a migrant worker? Can I have a link to the legislation?

Semi related - I haven't been to see my family in almost 4 years and work are refusing to give me unpaid leave without issuing me without ending my contract and issuing a new contract. If I go to visit my family for 8 weeks in summer and come back to a new contract with the same job will I lose my migrant worker status?
Reply 1
Well it's only been two months may as well give this a bump.
Hi SunJun

I would advise you to call us to check the applications details held as you have a few different years of study. At the beginning of your course starting September 2015, you would need to have had 3 years residency in the UK (so 3 years 9 months would be ok) to be classed as a home student and not a migrant worker.
Please call: 0300 100 0607

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending