The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?!
Was getting As in past papers, now feel like i've come out with an E
Original post by FireBLue97
112 molecular ion
Cocl 37 +16 ~+12= 65 as asked

Yup and yup.
Original post by Stevesteve12
Could the last question be CH3-O-CH2-C(CH3)2-CH2OH???

o-ch2 was a triplet :/
so random that we had to indicate which isomer we were using of Cl. I just wrote it at the top like a mass number but so many questions like that had weird formats and threw me off because i wasn't used to it :frown:
the hydrogen bonding really threw me as well for some reason

what did people put for the chloroethanoic acid being a stronger acid? i wrote something about electronegativity at the last minute
Original post by Seclusion
2.38 and 2.32 for two of them, forgot which way around tho.

I think the dilute one was the lower pH and then the one with NaOH was higher, unless I'm remembering the question completely wrong now.
Original post by Rabadon
o-ch2 was a triplet :/

Oh :frown: thanks anyway
cl negative weakens oh bond
Original post by idk97
am i the only one that got 8 for the carbon nmr ?:frown:
i got 8 too
Reply 989
What do you think for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RME11
The polyester polymer was stronger due to permanent dipole-dipole being a stronger IMF between chains than the polypropene's VDW forces - which is why it is better for stitches.

Interesting. It asked for why the PCG or whatever it was was better though. I put that the PCG thing had polar ester bonds, so was susceptible to attack by nucleophiles such as water, naturally occurring in the body, and this means the stitches will break down as the wound heals, so patients don't have to go back to the doctors to get stitches removed
low ph was +NH3 not COOH or the other COOH trick question funny lol aqa
Did anyone else get this for the structure in qu. 9?Qu.9.jpg
Original post by Anam
What was everyones equation for the fragmentation question? I put 35 next to the cl in the fragment ion and 37 next to the cl radical is that right?

I got that :smile: I also got 112 for the m/z value
I pretty sure it was 8 peaks for that c13 nmr question!
Original post by RME11
The polyester polymer was stronger due to permanent dipole-dipole being a stronger IMF between chains than the polypropene's VDW forces - which is why it is better for stitches.

I said the PGA was biodegradable, so can be used for dissolvable stitches whereas the other would need to be removed by a nurse, plus I guess they could be used for internal stitches where you need the stitch to dissolve so you don't have to go back in and remove the stitch
Reply 996
someone please make an unofficial markscheme or post pictures of the paper coz i need to know how many marks i need in CHEM5 to bring my grade up to an E :'(
Original post by goldenrs12
so random that we had to indicate which isomer we were using of Cl. I just wrote it at the top like a mass number but so many questions like that had weird formats and threw me off because i wasn't used to it :frown:
the hydrogen bonding really threw me as well for some reason

what did people put for the chloroethanoic acid being a stronger acid? i wrote something about electronegativity at the last minute

There was a question like this in a previous paper in which the mark scheme answer was:
- Chlorine is more electronegative
- Chlorine draws electron density towards itself
- OH bond is weaker
It said in the question they were stitches
Original post by clarkey500
I'll follow you so I can keep in touch!
Your name isn't Harry is it?

It is!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending