The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Uni of Warwick or Exeter?

Warwick is much closer to me, thus has this advantage over Exeter, as I can still visit family and friends from my hometown. However, Exeter is beautiful! The sports facilities are great.

They are both extremely good for my uni course - French and History.

Any comments on either of them? Social life, things to do, quality of learning?
Much appreciated.
Both are, as you say, good universities. Both campuses are pretty nice (though Exeter has a whole lot of hills, while Warwick is ridiculously flat). Warwick is on the edge of Coventry, in Canley, which is a kinda crappy area, but is cheap to live in, and you have the option of going the other way to Leamington or Kenilworth (though the buses take forever in the morning: bring a bike if you plan on living in Kenilworth). Exeter is out on the edge of Exeter, which is a much smaller place. Exeter has a ludicrous number of train stations (seriously, there's like 14), and Warwick has decent transport links (there's stations in Leamington, Tile Hill and Canley, and dedicated buses to Coventry station). Both have decent collections of societies, with Warwick's being the stronger of the two in some areas, particularly sports, though sports fed membership (needed to join sports clubs) is expensive.

I can't really comment on the quality of learning in those courses at either university.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by BlueSam3
Both are, as you say, good universities. Both campuses are pretty nice (though Exeter has a whole lot of hills, while Warwick is ridiculously flat). Warwick is on the edge of Coventry, in Canley, which is a kinda crappy area, but is cheap to live in, and you have the option of going the other way to Leamington or Kenilworth (though the buses take forever in the morning: bring a bike if you plan on living in Kenilworth). Exeter is out on the edge of Exeter, which is a much smaller place. Exeter has a ludicrous number of train stations (seriously, there's like 14), and Warwick has decent transport links (there's stations in Leamington, Tile Hill and Canley, and dedicated buses to Coventry station). Both have decent collections of societies, with Warwick's being the stronger of the two in some areas, particularly sports, though sports fed membership (needed to join sports clubs) is expensive.

I can't really comment on the quality of learning in those courses at either university.

Thanks for replying and helping me out! All of this info was really useful :biggrin:
Reply 3
I currently study law at warwick, first year, would be happy to answer any questions you have...currently procrastinating.
Reply 4
Original post by kys5
I currently study law at warwick, first year, would be happy to answer any questions you have...currently procrastinating.

Hello, I was wondering which accommodation you are currently in and what do you think of it so far?

Reply 5
Im currently in Westwood and absolutely love it. Truth is no matter where you end up 99% of the time you love it. Westwood wasn't my first choice and i was unhappy at first but now i wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

Benefits of it are that you're 5 minutes away from tesco and the maths and stats building.

I guess people would say a downside is its further out from campus than other accommodations but its about 10 minutes if you're a really slow walker, i personally like the walk. Also its not quite as nice inside as Arthur Vick and Jack Martin etc but they cost alot more and personally i dont think the difference is worth the cost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm a first year at Warwick and had Exeter as my insurance if you want to ask any questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending