The Student Room Group

Are QA Apprenticeship ICT courses worth it?

Hello,

I don't really like sixth form and plan on leaving is there is any good to fall back on which is an Aprrenticeship.

I'm wondering if QA's Apprenticeship ICT schemes are worth it?

These are the qualifications which I get gain if I applied for IT Systems & Networking:

England

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
(Equivalent of A-level educational level)

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
(Equivalent of A-level educational level)

City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma for ICT Professionals Systems and Principles
(Equivalent to first year of degree study)

City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
(Equivalent to first year of degree study)

Microsoft vendor qualifications in networking, cloud, and mobility and device fundamentals

CompTIA Network+ vendor qualification

http://apprenticeships.qa.com/programmes/it-systems-networking
Reply 1
The main thing about apprenticeships is finding a good employer. If your employer gives you really good experience, that's invaluable in this age, and that's what apprenticeships are about. Experience + qualifications. If you think about it you can get those qualifications easily as long as you complete the course with your provider, the main choice is the people you work for.

Those qualifications look fine as apprenticeships go, it's always good to get an extra non-compulsory qualifications whilst you're at it. (My place does the Microsoft thing too) You need to think about whether or not you can commit for the length of the apprenticeship, and generally think in depth if an apprenticeship is what you really want. It's a big decision and very different to school. If you haven't dropped out of college already I would personally suggest hanging on until July when you finish your current year, I mean you're already halfway through the year, and then you'll have an AS/A2 which can't hurt.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest