The Student Room Group

AS level Revision

So its the end of the Easter holidays and I haven't revised! I was ill for the first week and so couldn't revise and I now just cant concentrate.

At GCSE I could focus so easily, I was highly motivated and could just sit down and revise. AS levels have taken it out of me, I cant concentrate and lack determination. I feel like I am the only one who feels this way, but I know I cant be, let me know if you feel the same way.
Original post by pV nRT
So its the end of the Easter holidays and I haven't revised! I was ill for the first week and so couldn't revise and I now just cant concentrate.

At GCSE I could focus so easily, I was highly motivated and could just sit down and revise. AS levels have taken it out of me, I cant concentrate and lack determination. I feel like I am the only one who feels this way, but I know I cant be, let me know if you feel the same way.

It sounds cliche, but try and have some goals set out. Like the uni you want to go to stuck to the wall, or try and think how the disappointment will feel when you get your results pack
one of my strategies for tackling demotivation is to think about my long-term life goals. that usually motivates me to get to work.

if you don't have those goals like that by this point, you may want to start thinking of some.
Reply 3
Original post by The_Dragon_
It sounds cliche, but try and have some goals set out. Like the uni you want to go to stuck to the wall, or try and think how the disappointment will feel when you get your results pack

Thanks for the advice :smile:! What year and you in and what do you study? How have you revised over Easter?
Reply 4
For me personally it helps sometimes to write down each topic/piece of revision I want to do that day. Sometimes the amount to revise can feel a bit overwhelming so this way you can pick something off the list and not just do some random revision that in the end may not be useful. Also don't forget to take breaks! Hours of revision may sound great but it's not worth it if you can't take full advantage of your time!
I felt the same way during college, I just had no motivation when it came to revising for AS and A2 exams (moreso at A2 than AS). The way I dealt with it was by creating a revision timetable, deciding which topics to revise each day. Having a revision plan helped me to focus better, and being able to actually see how much I'd done helped to motivate me enough to continue :smile:
Original post by pV nRT
Thanks for the advice :smile:! What year and you in and what do you study? How have you revised over Easter?

I'm in AS as well and im studying Chemistry, biology, geography and politics - what about you? :smile:
Original post by pV nRT

Think about what you want to get out of exams, and what you need to do in order to get to where you want to be. More than anything just try and get started and in a routine, as getting started is always the hardest bit if revision
Reply 8
Original post by The_Dragon_
I'm in AS as well and im studying Chemistry, biology, geography and politics - what about you? :smile:

Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. Only doing three so shouldn't really be complaining haha. Are you with OCR for chemistry? - Its flipping hard isn't it!!
I haven't done anything either! tbh I'm hoping the fear will really kick in and I'll be forced to work hard asap!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Original post by pV nRT

You have a ton of time dont fret! Do as much revision you can, do you wanna be sad on results day? Think of the day where you can rub your results in the face of the people you hate! If you need advice for AS pm me. I did pretty well for AS :smile:
Original post by pV nRT
Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. Only doing three so shouldn't really be complaining haha. Are you with OCR for chemistry? - Its flipping hard isn't it!!

ahah lucky, yeh OCR A - mechanisms are killing me :viking:

Quick Reply

Latest