Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do teachers like long thank you letters

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I wrote a letter to my favourite teacher but it's too long. Should I give it to her?
    If your a teacher have you ever been given long thank you letters

She's not going to grade it is she?

As long as it's heartfelt, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Teachers appreciate all the thanks they get. It often feels like an unrewarding job, especially when you have parents, colleagues, the headteacher, the government, Ofsted, exam boards and a load of rowdy kids annoying you and distracting you from actually teaching.

I don't see why not, teaching is difficult, you put a lot of hours into it, and quite often it feels like you aren't achieving anything, so much stress and time lost putting into the job, so to get some form of appreciation from someone, even if it is just one pupil, who acknowledges your efforts, well its a pretty rewarding feeling and it makes it all feel worth it, I'm sure she'd love it and very much appreciate it.

When I was in school, my head of year was really under appreciated, he did lots for me, helped me whilst dealing with family issues, bullying and depression. A lot of other pupils would put him down, and when we went to sixth form, he fought really hard to stay as our year tutor, but wasn't allowed, and instead of going back to becoming a year tutor for the new year 7's he didn't. I was saddened when I found out that he had a lot of stress and worry that my year group put him through, and that he didn't fancy doing it again was shocking, I felt bad for the new pupils because he was outstanding, so on my last day of year 13, I bought him a gift and wrote a thank you letter to him, hearing from a teacher that I'm friends with now after school, I know how much he appreciated that he made a difference for at least one person.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.