Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a guy rejects an invite to hang out, it means he's definetly not interested right?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

I met this guy on my course who I see every day. He compliments me, stars at me, checks out my body, always talks to me, remembers everything about me, smiles at me and so many other signs that he likes me to the point that everyone in our group thinks he does.

However, he has never invited me out outside of our lectures and groups (I spend 5 days a week in work placement with him 10-4). He does have a girlfriend so I presume that's why but I have been told they have now split.

When I was drunk I messaged him to ask if he wanted to come to the bar me and my friends were in. It was about 1 am, the text was clearly from a drunk person. He replied really nicely and straight away, but said he was at his parents so couldn't. He said thanks for asking though.

I took this to mean he was totally not interested and so next time I went into uni I just apologised and said I'd been drunk. But the thing is, he is delighted I sent the text! Never stops going on about it, joking about it and he literally never stops talking to me and had made the flirting way more obvious since the text.

He never mentions sex so can tell he's not that sort of guy.

Would I be wrong to rule him out as interested based on his reply? Surely if he was interested he would at least have taken the opportunity to make a meet up? Or maybe the fact he knew I was drunk made him think I wasn't serious.

We have two more weeks until be stop studying together. Maybe I will know then.

also, he never wants to be alone with me. Even to grab lunch.

He refused because you were drunk and it was 1am. He may well be interested but someone who wants a relationship isn't going to say yes to (what will look like to an outsider) a 1am drunk hookup.

He's not interested.

Hard to say. The not wanting to be alone with you is not a good sign. Ask him on a daytime date and then you will know.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.