The Student Room Group

AQA English Language

Does anyone have any tips on how to answer question 4 on the higher paper? I'm trying to do some practise questions but I just don't know how I'm supposed to answer it or what I'm supposed to be picking out?
Original post by luciie
Does anyone have any tips on how to answer question 4 on the higher paper? I'm trying to do some practise questions but I just don't know how I'm supposed to answer it or what I'm supposed to be picking out?

Tried looking at the mark scheme ? That helped me when doing my Eng language revision years ago.
question 4 - compare how two articles use language effectively (16 marks)

I would spend 25 minutes on this question and make up 3 PEEE paragraphs (Point Evidence Expain Explore)

This is the layout my teacher gave me;

Both articles suggests ....
(quote from source 1/2)
This suggests ....
Explore words from the quote like comment on language devices like alliteration, juxtapositionthis
This makes the reader feel.....

similarly/in contrast (very important to include it tics the box that you are comparing)

in source 3 (quote)This suggests .... Explore words from the quote like comment on language devices like alliteration, juxtapositionthis This makes the reader feel.....

and then make a summarising conclusion. remember to do this at least 3 times to fill up all the lines :smile:

hope it helps x
Reply 3
Original post by BlueParadise
question 4 - compare how two articles use language effectively (16 marks)

I would spend 25 minutes on this question and make up 3 PEEE paragraphs (Point Evidence Expain Explore)

This is the layout my teacher gave me;

Both articles suggests ....
(quote from source 1/2)
This suggests ....
Explore words from the quote like comment on language devices like alliteration, juxtapositionthis
This makes the reader feel.....

similarly/in contrast (very important to include it tics the box that you are comparing)

in source 3 (quote)This suggests .... Explore words from the quote like comment on language devices like alliteration, juxtapositionthis This makes the reader feel.....

and then make a summarising conclusion. remember to do this at least 3 times to fill up all the lines :smile:

hope it helps x

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest