Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I just cut my losses with her?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

I'm a male university student, and since February I've been getting to know this girl who I share halls with and go to the same society as. I'm not the easiest person to get to know, but I came to really like her and she was giving my obvious signals that she liked me as well (though I was not going to show any real reciprocation until I got to know if she was a "player" or not). Roll on last day of last term. We'd been on a couple of "dates", and I take the plunge and tell her how I feel. She's clearly been waiting for me to say it, from her reaction, says she has feelings for me as well but "has some things to sort out first". We make out (for hours), and everything was going well.

But there is a problem. She doesn't communicate over social media. I can send her a message and it will often take at least two days for her to get back to me (the message always says "unseen" but I can see that she checks social media regularly). The thing is is that when she does get back to me, everything seems completely fine, but I cannot help but think that she's just lost interest now that I've admitted my feelings (or maybe she's found someone else and is leaving me hanging).

Am I being stupid, or is it genuinely weird to not get back to someone who you've admitted feelings for for several days? I find my mind stuck on this any time I'm not busy in the day and it is driving me crazy, because do actually have strong feelings for her. Having said that, I am not someone who is going to be played, and so if she's just leavimg me hanging here I'm just going to walk.

Any advice appreciated.

Tough one.

If she has got things to sort out then you have to be respectful of that. Don't rush the situation. Wait until you see her again to make judgements about her intentions.

Don't burn your bridges without due cause.

You need to loosen up, you seem desperate asf. Like she said in the beginning she has things to sort out, so give her time and she was probably busy or didn't know how to initially reply. Don't just jump to conclusions. It depends are you both officially in a relationship? if not then give it time.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.