The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Who has firmed Reading Univeristy??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Gonna firm soon'ish! Will be doing Art & Film at reading but gotta sort some documents first. Very curious how different studying in England will be compared to my home country!

I was wondering if anyone knows which hall would be a good idea for international students? :smile: I doubt it matters much anyways.
Also noticed the price tag lol and pounds are a hell of a lot more expensive than euros. Might as well go for the cheapest eah!
(edited 7 years ago)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Made Reading my first choice, applying for Computer Science. Good luck me I guess. :P
Firmed reading yesterday, Windsor is my first choice hall so fingers crossed i get that!
Reply 63
Firmed Reading for Economics BSc :smile:
Firmed Reading for Art and got into Bridges hall! Cant wait for September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Melissashelley
Firmed Reading for Art and got into Bridges hall! Cant wait for September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! First time I read someone else is going to do Art at reading.
Glad I won't be alone ;P
I firmed for Reading about 2 months ago (maybe slightly longer). It was my last reply back on UCAS and I knew that Reading was where I wanted to go, literally from the end of year 11.
I have applied to do English Literature. I applied for accommodation in Sherfield Halls as my first choice. I am hoping to be able to study abroad as part of my course. The aim for me is to become a teacher.
I was shocked at how expensive the accommodation was, it doesn't exactly leave you a lot of food, other essentials and a social life.
Is anyone else really not looking forward to results day?!
Where are you guys all from?
Reply 67
Original post by sophiegibbons12
I firmed for Reading about 2 months ago (maybe slightly longer). It was my last reply back on UCAS and I knew that Reading was where I wanted to go, literally from the end of year 11.
I have applied to do English Literature. I applied for accommodation in Sherfield Halls as my first choice. I am hoping to be able to study abroad as part of my course. The aim for me is to become a teacher.
I was shocked at how expensive the accommodation was, it doesn't exactly leave you a lot of food, other essentials and a social life.

Go catered Accommodation less hassle and probably works out cheaper and From Rural Isle Of Wight
Reply 68

I had a similar reaction when I saw the prices! The cheapest rooms are way more expensive than my current studio apartment, but I'm from Belgium so the prices are a little lower here overall. But I believe it should be manageable.

Original post by bradiow
Go catered Accommodation less hassle and probably works out cheaper and From Rural Isle Of Wight

Are you sure? I was pretty convinced catered accommodation isn't a smart move, doesn't leave much freedom does it? As you cannot use your funds in town and are forced to use them on the campus.
It's a hard decision. I'm still doing my accommodation research, want to make a decision monday. Really wish to go for the more social ones, from what I've seen Wessex and St. George halls seem great for that.
Original post by bradiow

It works out more expensive to be catered and I am a really fussy eater so it wouldn't benefit me. I would end up not eating much at all.
Original post by Enno8
I had a similar reaction when I saw the prices! The cheapest rooms are way more expensive than my current studio apartment, but I'm from Belgium so the prices are a little lower here overall. But I believe it should be manageable.

Are you sure? I was pretty convinced catered accommodation isn't a smart move, doesn't leave much freedom does it? As you cannot use your funds in town and are forced to use them on the campus.
It's a hard decision. I'm still doing my accommodation research, want to make a decision monday. Really wish to go for the more social ones, from what I've seen Wessex and St. George halls seem great for that.

I completely agree with food, I don't want to have to have a restriction and a repetitive menu, as I am quite a fussy eater anyway. It probably wouldn't really benefit me to be catered. Plus it works out a lot more expensive which wouldn't work well.

I went for the standard ensuite rooms at Sherfield because the flats have 8 people and three floors of flats I think. I am sure I read that in the whole area of the Sherfield flats, there are 368 rooms so there will be plenty of people to meet. I did my accommodation the day it came out and it was really quick and easy. The only worry I have is the lack of storage space, but I am hoping all the gaps will allow me to have storage boxes.

Lol what a coincidence! also firmed Reading 2 months ago and applied for Sherfield Hall. Applied for Architecture since the course resonated with me.
And I'm from London
Original post by muctarrio97
Lol what a coincidence! also firmed Reading 2 months ago and applied for Sherfield Hall. Applied for Architecture since the course resonated with me.

That's awesome, I am also from the south east, I am really looking forward to uni. It should be really exciting. I think Reading is beautiful
That's awesome, I am also from the south east, I am really looking forward to uni. It should be really exciting. I think Reading is beautiful

Same with me ^.^
I knew Reading was the one for me after staying for 5 minutes on the campus. SO GREEN <3
Hope you get in dude
Reply 75
Comments like that fill me with excitement, as I didn't have the luxury to go there in person yet! trusting your good taste :P
Original post by muctarrio97
Same with me ^.^
I knew Reading was the one for me after staying for 5 minutes on the campus. SO GREEN <3
Hope you get in dude

Same to you and good luck with the exams! It's so weird to think people are going to be coming from all over the world, I literally can't wait to meet new people and have new experience. I am really really shy so I am kinda worried about it, but I really want to great every opportunity and take it. Really can't wait to meet everyone in September.
Original post by Enno8
Comments like that fill me with excitement, as I didn't have the luxury to go there in person yet! trusting your good taste :P

It was literally everything you see on the website and prospectus. I absolutely adore it there! It is so big and open and there is so many beautiful field, it will be amazing in the summer. The rooms themselves are actually a lot bigger and much more spacious than some of the other unis I went to visits. They all looked really bright and vibrant as well and it was so chilled when you go there. The atmosphere just hits you when you get there. And omg the night club, I could not believe how live it looked, it is a proper nightclub which none of the other unis had, so it appears really fun in all aspects.

I thought I might have been disappointed because I had been so exciting looking online that I was worried it wouldn't have been the same. I couldn't believe it when I got there and it was. I don't think you will be disappointed.
got unconditional for economics and international relations. firmed ages ago. but recently got my accomadation offer for st georges hall. anyone know if st georges is decent?
Reply 79
Same to you and good luck with the exams! It's so weird to think people are going to be coming from all over the world, I literally can't wait to meet new people and have new experience. I am really really shy so I am kinda worried about it, but I really want to great every opportunity and take it. Really can't wait to meet everyone in September.

Don't worry too much! Uni is great, even if you're shy you will meet plenty of awesome people! One thing all unis have in common :smile:

It was literally everything you see on the website and prospectus. I absolutely adore it there! It is so big and open and there is so many beautiful field, it will be amazing in the summer. The rooms themselves are actually a lot bigger and much more spacious than some of the other unis I went to visits. They all looked really bright and vibrant as well and it was so chilled when you go there. The atmosphere just hits you when you get there. And omg the night club, I could not believe how live it looked, it is a proper nightclub which none of the other unis had, so it appears really fun in all aspects.

I thought I might have been disappointed because I had been so exciting looking online that I was worried it wouldn't have been the same. I couldn't believe it when I got there and it was. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks for this post! From the pics I saw I could imagine all the sunny days already! :biggrin: Also good to hear there's a proper nightclub close by, was worried about nightlife.
Looking forward to it even more now!

A random question aimed at anyone, finally making my accommodation application now and set my sights on Wessex Hall, but it doesn't appear in the dropdown menu lists when I apply! Is this normal? Does it mean the hall is already full? :smile:
Sent a mail to the uni, but my hand is being forced to do it really soon so I can't really wait for an answer, unfortunately.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending