The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for full funding

Hi all

I was recently told by somebody that the law changed and now the residency period is 5 years. Is it correct?? I will apply for a finance for 2017/2018 academic year. So by the time my course will start I have been living in England for 4 years and 3 months altough my mom has been living here 8 years and 7 months.

So I would like to know if I am eligible for the full funding package(tuition loan, maintenance loan)? Also what kind of evidence do i need to provide and what type of application do I need to submit?

Many thanks in advance
Original post by Prog123
Hi all

I was recently told by somebody that the law changed and now the residency period is 5 years. Is it correct?? I will apply for a finance for 2017/2018 academic year. So by the time my course will start I have been living in England for 4 years and 3 months altough my mom has been living here 8 years and 7 months.

So I would like to know if I am eligible for the full funding package(tuition loan, maintenance loan)? Also what kind of evidence do i need to provide and what type of application do I need to submit?

Many thanks in advance

You wont be eligible for a maintenance loan based on your own residency.

You may be eligible under the category of Migrant worker & family
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Government-Student-Support#layer-3942 "5: Non-UK EEA and Swiss workers, and family"

If not then taking a gap year would mean you'd be eligible based on your own residence for 2018 entry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending