Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Crazy fast heartrate and struggling to catch breath

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

When I was at my doctor's a couple of weeks ago my heartrate was 131 bpm. All I'd done was drive there, sit about for a little while and then walked a few meters - so nothing that would explain it being so high. I had a neurology appointment (for migraines) last week and it was 128 bpm. I also get episodes where I have to breathe really deeply a few times because it feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen.

My doctor got me to wear a holter monitor (records heart for 24 hours) and said it would take 2 weeks to get the result. I'm a few days from 2 weeks and I've scared myself silly googling these symptoms and reading all the awful things it can be.

Can anyone reassure me that I'm not going to die or need a heart transplant or bypass or other scary things? Is there a simple explanation that might explain this?

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying!

Don't worry about it, I've been having a horrible feeling in my chest and near my heart for a couple of weeks, I also keep taking IN deep breaths, I feel like it's because I've been sleeping so little lately.

You won't die XD Just stay positive and go to the doctor to see whats going on, I need to make an appointment too.

you guys might just need to take it easy on the coffee
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.