The Student Room Group

Long Distance Relationship?

Right so I've met this boy on a dating app and we've been speaking for a while and are discussing meeting up. I'm going to need to give you a brief understanding of where I live to explain how bad the situation is.

He's really close - about 5 miles away. But that's across a river. See I live near the river Humber so to actually get to him I'd have to drive all the way into hull, cross the bridge, and then follow the road all the way back down the south side of the river to get to him. That would all take around 1 hour 30 mins. I can't drive so I need to bus it first time I meet him but I am learning to drive so I'm hoping to pass soonish. I'm just wondering if anything does come out of us meeting, if a relationship is worth it? In theory he's so close because when I look across the river I can see the town he lives in, yet the bridge is about 25 miles away, and then another 25 miles across the bridge to come back down the river to opposite where I live which is a pisstake.

Is this worth it for a relationship? How would you keep such a relationship going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgeB16
Right so I've met this boy on a dating app and we've been speaking for a while and are discussing meeting up. I'm going to need to give you a brief understanding of where I live to explain how bad the situation is.

He's really close - about 5 miles away. But that's across a river. See I live near the river Humber so to actually get to him I'd have to drive all the way into hull, cross the bridge, and then follow the road all the way back down the south side of the river to get to him. That would all take around 1 hour 30 mins. I can't drive so I need to bus it first time I meet him but I am learning to drive so I'm hoping to pass soonish. I'm just wondering if anything does come out of us meeting, if a relationship is worth it? In theory he's so close because when I look across the river I can see the town he lives in, yet the bridge is about 25 miles away, and then another 25 miles across the bridge to come back down the river to opposite where I live which is a pisstake.

Is this worth it for a relationship? How would you keep such a relationship going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in the city, and my Ex lived in East London and I lived in SW London So it took me an hour to get to her, but it was worth it in the end as I did really like her at the time.

But I only travelled to her twice a week, the rest of the week we'd converse on the phone or over Whatsapp or Skype, you could do the same I guess.

Or you could split it, where you visit him 2-3 times a week and he does his part and visits you for the same amount.:dontknow:
I think it depends on how much you like him... Go the first time and then gauge from there!

Don't think you can do much until you meet him really
Meet him and check he is as tall as he said he is first.
Reply 4
Original post by Peel. Dem. Crew
I live in the city, and my Ex lived in East London and I lived in SW London So it took me an hour to get to her, but it was worth it in the end as I did really like her at the time.

But I only travelled to her twice a week, the rest of the week we'd converse on the phone or over Whatsapp or Skype, you could do the same I guess.

Or you could split it, where you visit him 2-3 times a week and he does his part and visits you for the same amount.:dontknow:

Because I don't drive, I have to get a bus into hull and then another bus to Grimsby so the whole process takes about 3 hours to see him, just to cross the sodding river whereas if the bridge was where I lived I could be with him in 20 minutes! It's so frustrating 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Meet him and then ask yourself whether you think it's worth it.

I've had nothing but trouble with LDRs and they've never ended well but that's just me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending