The Student Room Group

Applying to US university with a BTEC National Diploma?

Hi, I have a diploma in fine arts and would like to apply to US universities. Was wondering what is the process like? Do I apply as a transfer student and would I need to take SATs? I intend to major in studio fine arts.

Thanks!
Original post by colourwheel123
Hi, I have a diploma in fine arts and would like to apply to US universities. Was wondering what is the process like? Do I apply as a transfer student and would I need to take SATs? I intend to major in studio fine arts.

Thanks!

Hello,

I applied to the United States of America this year.

It would depend largely on where you were looking to go and that would also be guided by whether or not you require financial aid.

Where are you looking to go?

Jay
Original post by ivybridge
Hello,

I applied to the United States of America this year.

It would depend largely on where you were looking to go and that would also be guided by whether or not you require financial aid.

Where are you looking to go?

Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm looking at universities such as Cooper Union, SVA or SAIC.
Hi Jay,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm looking at universities such as Cooper Union, SVA or SAIC.

Okay cool. Will you need Aid?
Original post by ivybridge
Okay cool. Will you need Aid?

Aid? As in financial aid? Well, yeah. It's too darn expensive, have already taken a gap year, and perhaps another one, just to save up for uni fees. Planning to take a loan from banks and my parents on top of everything. Since I'm already working so hard for uni, I just figured that I might as well aim for an experience that might be extremely intense. Figured NY unis would be the best place.

But, currently questioning whether my qualifications are acceptable.... :frown:
Aid? As in financial aid? Well, yeah. It's too darn expensive, have already taken a gap year, and perhaps another one, just to save up for uni fees. Planning to take a loan from banks and my parents on top of everything. Since I'm already working so hard for uni, I just figured that I might as well aim for an experience that might be extremely intense. Figured NY unis would be the best place.

But, currently questioning whether my qualifications are acceptable.... :frown:

Okay well you will need to check that international students are awarded aid of some description at these places. Also, email or call them directly to ask about your diploma.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending